PR Card photo resubmission

Old Feb 22nd 2019, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Warwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to behold
Default PR Card photo resubmission

AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!

I'm feeling so frustrated that my PR card photos have been rejected for a THIRD time! I've been meticulous in ensuring that each time they have been:
  • Taken by a commercial photographer.
  • 50 mm wide X 70 mm high (2 inches wide x 2- 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm (1- 1/4 inches) and 36 mm (1- 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head).
  • Clear, sharp and in focus.
  • Taken with a neutral facial expression (eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no smiling).
  • Taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections.
  • Taken straight on, with face and shoulders centred and squared to the camera (i.e. the photographs must show the full front view of the person’s head and shoulders, showing full face centred in the middle of the photograph).
  • Taken in front of a plain white background with a clear difference between your face and the background. Photos must reflect/represent natural skin tones.
  • Original photos that are not altered in any way or taken from an existing photo.
  • Reflect your current appearance (taken within the last six months)
  • Professionally printed on plain, high quality photographic paper (photos printed at home and photos printed on heavy weight paper are not acceptable)
The photos I submitted at the end of December had exceeded the normal processing time, so I completed the relevant online form to request the status and also to request if the photos were going to be rejected, a reason why. They didn't tell me why, so I'm going to message them again and see if they tell me, but won't hold my breath. I don't have time to go to the back of the queue before I fly back to Canada, therefore have to apply for the PR Travel Document, but in the meantime I still have to submit another set of photos within 30 days. I'm pretty exasperated with the whole thing......I thought the first (and maybe the second) time they were just stalling for time, but this is beyond a joke.

Has anyone else experienced multiple rejections of their photos? Or have any pearls of wisdom to help me?

Old Feb 22nd 2019, 5:40 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Card photo resubmission

Go to Guelph. Go to Pond's. Ask for pictures. Pose as suggested. Bite tongue at cost. Pay. Mail.

If there's an upload option, take a memory stick, get the picture on there. Upload.

In the alternative, find another shop that does this every day, one that tells you the rules, not the other way around.
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 6:31 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Warwickbowman
AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!

I'm feeling so frustrated that my PR card photos have been rejected for a THIRD time! I've been meticulous in ensuring that each time they have been:
  • Taken by a commercial photographer.
  • 50 mm wide X 70 mm high (2 inches wide x 2- 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm (1- 1/4 inches) and 36 mm (1- 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head).
  • Clear, sharp and in focus.
  • Taken with a neutral facial expression (eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no smiling).
  • Taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections.
  • Taken straight on, with face and shoulders centred and squared to the camera (i.e. the photographs must show the full front view of the person’s head and shoulders, showing full face centred in the middle of the photograph).
  • Taken in front of a plain white background with a clear difference between your face and the background. Photos must reflect/represent natural skin tones.
  • Original photos that are not altered in any way or taken from an existing photo.
  • Reflect your current appearance (taken within the last six months)
  • Professionally printed on plain, high quality photographic paper (photos printed at home and photos printed on heavy weight paper are not acceptable)
The photos I submitted at the end of December had exceeded the normal processing time, so I completed the relevant online form to request the status and also to request if the photos were going to be rejected, a reason why. They didn't tell me why, so I'm going to message them again and see if they tell me, but won't hold my breath. I don't have time to go to the back of the queue before I fly back to Canada, therefore have to apply for the PR Travel Document, but in the meantime I still have to submit another set of photos within 30 days. I'm pretty exasperated with the whole thing......I thought the first (and maybe the second) time they were just stalling for time, but this is beyond a joke.

Has anyone else experienced multiple rejections of their photos? Or have any pearls of wisdom to help me?

Were they signed and dated and the information required put on the back by the Photographic studio? Take a copy of the requirements with you.. and find a photographer who is knowledgeable about the size and requirements.
The back of one photo must include:

• the subject’s name and date of birth
  • the name and complete address of the photography studio
  • the date the photograph was taken
The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ace/photo.html

Last edited by Siouxie; Feb 22nd 2019 at 6:36 pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Warwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Were they signed and dated and the information required put on the back by the Photographic studio? Take a copy of the requirements with you.. and find a photographer who is knowledgeable about the size and requirements.
The back of one photo must include:
  • the subject’s name and date of birth
  • the name and complete address of the photography studio
  • the date the photograph was taken
The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ace/photo.html
Absolutely. Every single requirement was met, believe me I was absolutely meticulous about getting it right, especially after having the photos rejected the first time. I really can’t think what else I can do differently or better.
Old Feb 24th 2019, 3:08 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Did you use the same person the other times? I would certainly suggest going somewhere else. Unsure where you are located, but you could try Costco and Staples (check their websites to see if locations near you can do the photos, some locations cannot). My girlfriend had her PR photos taken at a local UPS store. They stated if the photos were rejected for any reason they would retake them with no additional fee, the other places might also do that too.
Old Feb 24th 2019, 3:30 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Warwickbowman
The photos I submitted at the end of December had exceeded the normal processing time, so I completed the relevant online form to request the status and also to request if the photos were going to be rejected, a reason why. They didn't tell me why, so I'm going to message them again and see if they tell me, but won't hold my breath.
My commiserations.
In another post I made an observation, amply supported by your experience, that the really annoying feature of IRCC service is their complete lack of effort made at any useful communication.
In our application for citizenship there were times when, if I'd had more hair, I'd have pulled it out and given the nature of the beast I never complained because you just never know how they'll react. I'm beginning to wonder whether they think they're doing a good job simply because few, unlike wimpy me, dare complain.
I hope that you receive a reason for rejection, it's the least they can do.
Best of luck.

Old Mar 19th 2019, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

peeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond repute

We had a similar issue - our son's photos were rejected but the other 3 family members received PR cards very quickly. We all had our photos taken together at Walmart and I was meticulous about getting everything done to the exact instructions ....... we actually thought his card was lost in the mail until we got the letter from IRCC!!
Anyway, PR card arrived last week 6 months after we first landed 😉
Now we can at least go South if we want to.......I have heard that Utah is stunning.......
Laois