PR Card Nightmare

Old May 10th 2016, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

energysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond repute
Default PR Card Nightmare

Hey folks,

So as per the title we`re having a nightmare with my wife`s PR card

We both did validated our COPR at the same time (end of September 2015) and mine showed up in December but after my wife`s card hadn't showed up by January I called to check up.

Person I spoke with advised me to wait a little longer, it should be with us soon

Another month passes, I call again and am told that my wife will have to submit her pictures again (so firstly this annoyed me as no one had contacted us to tell us this), when I pushed a little harder they explained that a mistake had been made on her card and it would have to be redone (hence the new pictures). I enquire how long it will take to straighten all this out and am told "There is no waiting time sir"

Another month passes, still no card, so I call again to enquire, by this stage my father is in hospital seriously ill. I speak with someone incredibly unhelpful and again am told "There is no waiting period sir" - I question this as we have already waited a month since forwarding the pictures that were requested and 6 months in total. He just kept repeating the same statement "There is no waiting period sir" with no further explanation - my blood was boiling

Another month passes and I call again, speak with someone who really went the extra mile, looked into my wife`s file and explained that he couldn't do anything, I asked if there was someone there more senior I could speak with and he politely explained that wasn't an option (I find that hard to believe but he seemed genuine). He advised me to wait and call back in a month if I hadn't seen it

So today was a month, I called up and spoke with an incredibly unhelpful female, same rhetoric as before when I enquired about the status of the card "There is no waiting period sir" I explained that after almost 8 months waiting this is unacceptable and someone has to be accountable for this, she proceeded to talk over me to the point where I had to ask if I could finish!

Is this unusual? Or the norm?

I would greatly appreciate any info that could help progress this situation, as right now it feels like we are simply getting the run around with these people who are a law onto themselves and are accountable to no one

As I mentioned before my father is in bad health and we would dearly like to go back for a visit but this is a major stumbling block

Thanks in advance
Old May 10th 2016, 2:48 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Card Nightmare

it's times like this when a visit to your MP is useful
Old May 10th 2016, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

energysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
it's times like this when a visit to your MP is useful
I would honestly consider that bats - in fact I`d consider anything

I genuinely don't even want to call anymore - it annoys me so much

Perhaps I`ve been unlucky but on two occasions I`ve spoke with people with unbelievably bad attitudes

In the interests of balance I have spoken with some people who were quite the opposite, genuinely helpful to the point that you know they have done their best, one so much so that I sent an email singing his praises to that department.

I can't believe that they are all trained to the same level from my experience
Old May 10th 2016, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you sent a Case Specific Enquiry? At least you will have put something in writing then.

S
Old May 10th 2016, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Have you sent a Case Specific Enquiry? At least you will have put something in writing then.

S
Hi Snowy560 - pardon my ignorance but I don't know what that is - can you expand a little? Thanks
Old May 10th 2016, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on my phone so can't post a link. If you Google it, it should come up or Siouxie might see this.

S
Old May 10th 2016, 7:22 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on my phone so can't post a link. If you Google it, it should come up or Siouxie might see this.

S
You rang?

Case Specific Enquiry: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-r...702.1462864395

You may want to quote their Service Standards.

Service standard for initial permanent resident card

Please bear in mind that CIC likely won't give you any information unless they have written consent from your wife - it's her PR card, not yours. This may be why you are getting the run-around (though doesn't explain the huge delays you are experiencing).

I would suggest getting her to fill out the form and sending it with the case specific enquiry (I believe you can attach documents). You can either use the "Representative Form IMM5476" (see link below for details) or "Designated Individual IMM5475"

Use of a Representative IMM5476
Use this form if you want to name a representative (such as an immigration consultant, lawyer, friend or family member) to do business for you with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
Release of information to other individuals
To authorize IRCC to release information from your case file to someone other than a representative, you will need to complete the form Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (IMM 5475) (PDF, 593.57 KB). The form is also available from Canadian embassies, high commissions and consulates abroad.

The person you designate under that form (IMM 5475) will be able to obtain information on your case file, such as the status of your application. However, they will not be able to conduct business on your behalf with IRCC.
Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (IMM 5475) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/imm5475e.pdf

Hope you manage to get it sorted soon...

Last edited by Siouxie; May 10th 2016 at 7:36 am.
Old May 10th 2016, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Also check current processing times. For a new PR card it's 49 days at the moment.

S
Old May 10th 2016, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Also check current processing times. For a new PR card it's 49 days at the moment.

S
We`re waaaaay over that. From the initial validation of our COPR to the request for more pictures way more than 49 days.

From the time the pictures were sent/received to now is also well over 49 days.

Even if those 49 days are all business days and even assuming a conservative 20 business days per month thats 2.5 months. We are now at the 8 month mark

Plus I also kept getting told "That there is no processing time Sir" (but this statement is obviously garbage or it would have been processed in late January/early February and I`d have had it ages ago)
Old May 10th 2016, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Send a Case Specific Enquiry.

Explain the chronology of events that have happened. As Siouxie said, if you do it on behalf of your wife, upload a completed/signed use of a representative form. You can use IMM5476 for this purpose.

S

Last edited by Snowy560; May 10th 2016 at 4:47 pm.
Old May 10th 2016, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You rang?

Case Specific Enquiry: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-r...702.1462864395

You may want to quote their Service Standards.

Service standard for initial permanent resident card

Please bear in mind that CIC likely won't give you any information unless they have written consent from your wife - it's her PR card, not yours. This may be why you are getting the run-around (though doesn't explain the huge delays you are experiencing).

I would suggest getting her to fill out the form and sending it with the case specific enquiry (I believe you can attach documents). You can either use the "Representative Form IMM5476" (see link below for details) or "Designated Individual IMM5475"

Use of a Representative IMM5476
Use this form if you want to name a representative (such as an immigration consultant, lawyer, friend or family member) to do business for you with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
Release of information to other individuals
To authorize IRCC to release information from your case file to someone other than a representative, you will need to complete the form Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (IMM 5475) (PDF, 593.57 KB). The form is also available from Canadian embassies, high commissions and consulates abroad.

The person you designate under that form (IMM 5475) will be able to obtain information on your case file, such as the status of your application. However, they will not be able to conduct business on your behalf with IRCC.
Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (IMM 5475) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/imm5475e.pdf

Hope you manage to get it sorted soon...

Thanks Siouxie

I`m going to submit these forms today and get the ball rolling. I didn't know about this but if I had I should have done it month ago, annoyed at myself for letting it drag on so long but didn't know I had options (and the staff I spoke with at the CIC certainly didn't highlight anything)

I`m also considering contacting my MP - I might call the CIC today, advise them that I`m recording the call and try to get an update. I doubt that`ll help but it could let others (specifically an MP) see what people have to experience at the hands of seemingly untouchable public servants that have no superiors (at least thats what they tell me) and are accountable to no one.
Old May 10th 2016, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Send a Case Specific Enquiry.

Explain the chronology of events that have happened. As Siouxie said, if you do it on behalf of your wife, upload a completed/signed use of a representative form. You can use IMM5476 for this purpose.

S
Yes, this is my plan now.

I have to say if its like other dealings I have had with the CIC regarding submitted paperwork I don't hold out much hope.

In August last year I submitted the paperwork to extend my current work visa, I had to as it was due to expire in early September. As I mentioned previously our COPR turned up in late September so once it was validated it cancelled the application as I no longer needed it

Eventually the money filtered back into my account (took a while - from memory it came in 2 stages, the last being a couple of months ago) but to this day I still get "Updates" explaining that my application is still in the system and hasn't been considered yet...........

My experience with the CIC make me feel its simply not fit for purpose, however as I have nothing to compare it to I may simply have been unlucky but if thats the case I`ve been very unlucky.......
Old May 10th 2016, 5:15 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Many commiserations on your plight.
It's no help but you are a victim of 'canadian time' coupled with a complete disregard of a professional degree of responsibility for a job well done and a desire to remain in the 19th century.
Like you, I find it difficult to believe that details of your wife's application aren't available to the diligent enquirer and it's clear that your case is probably buried in a pile of documents somewhere in a storeroom, rather than easily accessible in a database on a government server.
You are dealing with civil servants, and we see this in other branches of government, who can make your life difficult simply because they can, and this attitude can be self perpetuating to the extent where they will view all clients as potentially obnoxious and behave, as they believe, appropriately. The repeated statement of a key phrase is a brick wall technique designed to bully the caller into submission.

A visit to the MP is a must. A major route you have is one that causes embarrassment and an MP is a willing vehicle for this as it's a no lose step on the MP's behalf. A clear documented instance of civil service incompetence or obstruction is grist to the political mill for anyone seeking to be seen to be doing the public good.
Old May 10th 2016, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dave_j
Many commiserations on your plight.
It's no help but you are a victim of 'canadian time' coupled with a complete disregard of a professional degree of responsibility for a job well done and a desire to remain in the 19th century.
Like you, I find it difficult to believe that details of your wife's application aren't available to the diligent enquirer and it's clear that your case is probably buried in a pile of documents somewhere in a storeroom, rather than easily accessible in a database on a government server.
You are dealing with civil servants, and we see this in other branches of government, who can make your life difficult simply because they can, and this attitude can be self perpetuating to the extent where they will view all clients as potentially obnoxious and behave, as they believe, appropriately. The repeated statement of a key phrase is a brick wall technique designed to bully the caller into submission.

A visit to the MP is a must. A major route you have is one that causes embarrassment and an MP is a willing vehicle for this as it's a no lose step on the MP's behalf. A clear documented instance of civil service incompetence or obstruction is grist to the political mill for anyone seeking to be seen to be doing the public good.
Thanks for the advice dave_j

I think we`re on the same page - what you allude to describes my experiences pretty well

As I mentioned earlier I intend to call today and record the call (advising them that I`m doing so) outline my position, explain what I would like from the call (a detailed update of the current status and a projected date for the card to arrive), if they cannot give this (I imagine I`ll get the standard "There is no waiting period sir") then I will ask to speak with their supervisor (again I`m going to make a prediction that this won't be possible)

Its simply not good enough that this has ran so long and the CIC believe its ok to treat people like this. If there is a problem and they can give me an accurate update (not unreasonable in my opinion) then I can accept that and make plans accordingly but to arrogantly try to keep people in the dark while hiding behind an air of government departmental invincibility is not.

I`ve already had a response from my local MP, feel like Ive had enough of the CIC giving me the runaround now and its time to make them answer some awkward questions whether they want to or not
Old May 10th 2016, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

S
Add to that the 6 weeks after the 49 days that you have to wait before the Card can officially be 'Late', which takes you to 91 days or 3 months.

It's actually currently more like 6 months, but they will never admit that.

Immigration workers....

There's nobody more lazy or incompetent than the public sector in Canada.

Last edited by withabix; May 10th 2016 at 6:53 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.