Wikiposts

Pr card name incomplete

Old Jan 3rd 2011, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

kullymack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pr card name incomplete

I have been in canada for just under three months.
I was issued a copr in London with a letter missing from my middle name on e mailing the embassy they said there printer/page layout was not able to print long names and said it was correct on there computer system.
On landing I asked the boarder guard the same question and he said the same.
I was waiting a whilst for my card so decide to ring them they said there was problem with my picture and that the local Vancouver office would contact me again I questioned them about my name and they said the same.
I then got a letter from the local office asking for two more photos and I noticed that there was a letter missing on my name again.
I'm getting worried that that's how its going to appear on the pr card.
Has anyone else had this problem?
How can make sure it's correct on the card and what to do if I get the card and need to make the change later on.
I can't go there in person as it say so on the letter.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 12:11 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pr card name incomplete

if your name is too long then they will truncate it and thats what will be printed on your PR card. There is no way around it.

My OH has a similar problem
Old Jan 4th 2011, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

kullymack is an unknown quantity at this point

Would it create any problems as that is your main id and I may want to apply for Canadian citizenship later on ?
Old Jan 4th 2011, 3:36 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

interesting question , I don't think so.

We submitted our citizenship apps a few months ago. We made sure to write Ben's name exactly as it appears on his COPR and PR card. We also put his full name ( the one without the missing letter) on the " what name would you like on your citizenship certificate " line.

I really think it is a non issue