PR Card - how long after landing?

Old May 23rd 2010, 12:38 am
Just Joined

listener has a spectacular aura aboutlistener has a spectacular aura aboutlistener has a spectacular aura about
Default PR Card - how long after landing?

Hi guys,

When I landed at Toronto I was told my PR card should arrive in the post in 5 weeks. It's been 7.5 weeks now and I'm a little concerned there's no sign of it.

Should I be worried or wait it out a bit longer? I'm back in the UK now and paranoia has set in that something has gone wrong e.g. they don't like the fact I only landed for a short time and am not staying there right now.

Any info/advice much appreciated.
Old May 23rd 2010, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Cdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: PR Card - how long after landing?

My husband and step son landed March 28th, no PR card yet for either of them, but read this on cic website

Initial Permanent Resident Card

It is our goal, for 80% of new permanent residents, to send an initial permanent resident card within 40 business days from the time the confirmation of permanent resident form is completed at a port of entry or at a CIC-inland office.

Now hubby has been the 40 days, can't do anything but sit and wait cos am itching to go to states and visit friend, but waiting for stupid PR card
Old May 23rd 2010, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

anewPR is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Cdnshaz
My husband and step son landed March 28th, no PR card yet for either of them, but read this on cic website

Initial Permanent Resident Card

It is our goal, for 80% of new permanent residents, to send an initial permanent resident card within 40 business days from the time the confirmation of permanent resident form is completed at a port of entry or at a CIC-inland office.

Now hubby has been the 40 days, can't do anything but sit and wait cos am itching to go to states and visit friend, but waiting for stupid PR card
landed 20th May, the IO informed us it could take upto 12 weeks for the PR card to arrive. Seems that CIC is having problems with their photo scanning equipment.

Nothing to do but wait.
Old May 23rd 2010, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm another still waiting (40 days) let's hope we receive them soon

Last edited by joinerboy; May 23rd 2010 at 6:34 am.
Old May 23rd 2010, 9:00 am
Just Joined

listener has a spectacular aura aboutlistener has a spectacular aura aboutlistener has a spectacular aura about

Thanks guys, you have put my mind at ease!
Old May 23rd 2010, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joinerboy
I'm another still waiting (40 days) let's hope we receive them soon
Add me to the list - around 40 days as well.
Old May 25th 2010, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of light

Well we must be living in the right area, both my husbands and step sons arrived today!!
They landed March 28th, so if you landed before this and no word I would give it another week then call, if you landed after then sit and wait!!
Old May 25th 2010, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at your time line we should have ours in the next week or two
thanks for the info
Old May 26th 2010, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

ga1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nice

After nearly 3 months I finally got hold of someone on the phone who told me my pictures no longer fit the requirements, which seemed to indicate that the requirements changed from when I originally submitted them in the UK. After about another month I received a letter requesting my photos be taken again. The card arrived about 6 weeks after that. All in all, it took over 5 months for me to received my card.
Old May 26th 2010, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ga1lf
After nearly 3 months I finally got hold of someone on the phone who told me my pictures no longer fit the requirements, which seemed to indicate that the requirements changed from when I originally submitted them in the UK. After about another month I received a letter requesting my photos be taken again. The card arrived about 6 weeks after that. All in all, it took over 5 months for me to received my card.
could be the reason for the recent delays
Old May 28th 2010, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Got a call this morning saying mine has arrived in the post!!

Will be ecstatic when I get my hands on it
Old May 28th 2010, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Great news, all the best for the future
Old May 31st 2010, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone any advice on how to actually get though to CIC to make an inquiry?

I have been trying for a week and every time I call I go through the entire menu, pressing all the appropriate options and entering the ID number only to get to the final point and be told that there is no operator available and to call back later.

Thanks
Old Jun 1st 2010, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
Has anyone any advice on how to actually get though to CIC to make an inquiry?

I have been trying for a week and every time I call I go through the entire menu, pressing all the appropriate options and entering the ID number only to get to the final point and be told that there is no operator available and to call back later.

Thanks
Try late in the week in the afternoon - I did that a couple of weeks back and got through after a 10 minute wait. My card arrived this morning funnily enough - around 55 days after I landed.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dgagitw
Try late in the week in the afternoon - I did that a couple of weeks back and got through after a 10 minute wait. My card arrived this morning funnily enough - around 55 days after I landed.
Thanks, I managed to get through today. All the other times I didn't even get into the queue. This time I got into the queue so I left the phone on speaker, had a shower, blow dried my hair, got dressed, had some breakfast and eventually someone answered.

CIC at it's efficient best!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.