PR Card Getting Delayed

Old Oct 1st 2009, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Robert.Mcps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Card Getting Delayed

Hello,

I landed in Canada after getting immigration status on the 4th of August. Up until now I have still not received my PR card. Is this normal or should I speak to someone about it.

Thank you,

Rob.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Card Getting Delayed

Originally Posted by Robert.Mcps
Hello,

I landed in Canada after getting immigration status on the 4th of August. Up until now I have still not received my PR card. Is this normal or should I speak to someone about it.

Thank you,

Rob.
Hi Rob
I understand they have redesigned/updated the PR card at the back end of Aug09 so they may account for a delay until they clear the backlog.
hope this helps
regards
Joinerboy
Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

vegasrockstar will become famous soon enoughvegasrockstar will become famous soon enough

Joinerboy

Did you get your PR card yet? I'm trying to get an idea of how long it's gonna be til I get mine (I landed 2 weeks after you).

Thanks

Steve
Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

The CIC website now says 61 days for new Permanent Residents but it can take up to 9 weeks in some cases from what I've heard...
Old Oct 9th 2009, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough

Landed the end of August, still nothing for me as well.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

btw here's a pic of the new design:

compared to the old one:

Old Oct 10th 2009, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future

We have just got ours - landed 3rd August.

Don't call CIC as they are not very helpful - we actually had to a travel document to get back into Canada as PR card hadn't arrived even though we were told it would take 4-6 weeks to arrive and we were due to fly to UK 9 weeks after landing

Hope it arrives soon

Lucy
Old Oct 10th 2009, 5:43 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by lucycrow

Don't call CIC as they are not very helpful - we actually had to a travel document to get back into Canada as PR card hadn't arrived even though we were told it would take 4-6 weeks to arrive and we were due to fly to UK 9 weeks after landing

Hope it arrives soon

Lucy
The actual processing time is 61 days for newly "landed"
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...in.asp#pr_card
Old Oct 10th 2009, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

leecyndisanders is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kleinluka
So thats what they do with all our money...
Old Oct 11th 2009, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

eeynmre has a spectacular aura abouteeynmre has a spectacular aura abouteeynmre has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by lucycrow

Hope it arrives soon

Lucy
Hi Lucy,

what travel document did the CIC give you? I'm in a similar position as I arrived a few days ago, but will need to travel back to the UK briefly in five weeks for a works conference (Cutting it fine even with 30 day processing I know.). I had hoped that I'd have my PR card by that time but if not I still need to be able to leave and re-enter.

Between this and wasting half a day trying to get to a Drivetest office only to find they were on strike, I'm really starting enjoying Canadian bureaucracy!
Old Oct 11th 2009, 6:01 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eeynmre
Hi Lucy,

what travel document did the CIC give you? I'm in a similar position as I arrived a few days ago, but will need to travel back to the UK briefly in five weeks for a works conference (Cutting it fine even with 30 day processing I know.). I had hoped that I'd have my PR card by that time but if not I still need to be able to leave and re-enter.
There is discussion at:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Perman...nt_Card-Canada
Old Oct 11th 2009, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

bzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to all

We landed on July 24th. in Calgary. I received my PR card at the end of September but my OH did not. At the airport there was an issue with his photograph, we did supply another. Anyway he contacted the number on the paper copy it appeared that the additional photo had been lost and therefore no PR card issued. Last Monday we finally received a letter requesting two photos, date stamped to be sent to NS. They are now winging their way there. I suggest you use the contact number on the paper copy issued on landing - the people at the other end are very helpful and will inform you if there are any issues or if your card is en route to you!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute

i'm still waiting for mine. I keep getting told its 'approved but not yet printed'
Old Oct 13th 2009, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all

We landed 11th August in NS and 3 of our 5 cards arrived today. Hopefully the other 2 arrive tomorrow
Old Oct 15th 2009, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

vegasrockstar will become famous soon enoughvegasrockstar will become famous soon enough

We finally got our PR cards yesterday, 57 days after landing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.