Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR card expired looking for Options

PR card expired looking for Options

Old May 16th 2020, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of
Default PR card expired looking for Options

Hello Everyone, here is my dilemma, my PR card expired in March 2018 I send all the paperwork in to get it renewed in November 2017 just after I sent the paperwork in for my renewal my dad was take ill in the UK, I returned to the UK to be with him. I have been in the UK since December 2017 not only taking care of my dad for a short time but working as well.
I keep checking online with CIC and they asked for more information regrading my PR which I sent them, I was well over the 730 days before I left in December 2017.
I now want to return to Canada but I don't for have my PR card, I have looking into the PRTD form IMM5524 on there is says you must go back 5 years from date of signing the form and have 730 days or more, If I go back 5 years from today I only have 548 days in Canada, and I do not have and address in Canada at the moment so I don't think I can use that form.
My other option is:
I am a Truck driver and have a Canadian class 1 which is on the Atlantic immigration program so I think I can get back into Canada on that program.
Does anyone know if I have to renounce my PR to apply under the Atlantic program, or should I wait and see if they finally make a decision about my PR which could be some time away.
Old May 16th 2020, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR card expired looking for Options

Legally you are still a PR so they would disallow any application for the Atlantic immigration programme as you are a PR. To fly to Canada when possible you need to have either a valid PR card or PRTD. You could always apply for ESTA and fly to the USA and then cross the border in a private vehicle. Chances are you would be reported for non compliance with the residency obligation and issued with a removal order that you can appeal within 30 days. If no appeal then you would have to leave Canada. Without renouncing your PR status you have no chance for the Atlantic programme.
Old May 16th 2020, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

We don't know your exact circumstances or the timelines involved but you could try applying for a PRTD citing Humanitarian & Compassionate factors because of having to look after and be near your father. Can't say what will happen and nor can anyone else on this forum. Depends on the circumstances, how strong the case is and how much evidence you have to support it.

Last edited by Snowy560; May 16th 2020 at 3:15 pm.
Old May 17th 2020, 5:06 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-document.html