PR card expired

Old Nov 10th 2021, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

markan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nice
Default PR card expired

Hi, I will be travelling back to the UK in January to visit my 3 and 4 year old grandkids as its been over 2 years since i was able to visit due to the covid restrictions. My PR card has expired and don't expect my new one to arrive before I leave. I will only be there 3 weeks so i don't think it's possible to obtain a PRTD so how do I return.
Should I return using my British passport or just explain i was unable to obtain a PRTD.
Any advice much appreciated.
Thanks Mark
Old Nov 10th 2021, 10:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR card expired

You’ll need a PRTD I’m afraid, you can’t travel back without one, the airline won’t let you board.

Usually a PRTD won’t take more than about 2 weeks, but I’d imagine Covid has impacted that.

is flying in to the US and entering Canada by car an option? Have you tried asking for urgent processing of your PR card?
Old Nov 10th 2021, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

markan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nice

Hi,
I understand urgent processing is for emergencies or work related travel and the processing time for PRTD is not available, so if i have to apply outside Canada i'd be cutting it fine.
Old Nov 11th 2021, 12:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markan
Hi,
I understand urgent processing is for emergencies or work related travel and the processing time for PRTD is not available, so if i have to apply outside Canada i'd be cutting it fine.
It is, but could be worth a try. If you don't want to chance it with the PRTD processing times, then could you delay your visit so that you have your PR card for it? I don't see any other option unfortunately, you simply can't travel back on your British passport as you'd need an ETA as well for that, and you're not eligible for one as a PR, so the airline won't even let you on the plane.
Old Nov 11th 2021, 6:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You’ll need a PRTD I’m afraid, you can’t travel back without one, the airline won’t let you board.

Usually a PRTD won’t take more than about 2 weeks, but I’d imagine Covid has impacted that.

is flying in to the US and entering Canada by car an option? Have you tried asking for urgent processing of your PR card?
As of Nov 8 he should be able to enter US on ESTA and travel to Canada by car.
Old Nov 11th 2021, 8:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Gozit
As of Nov 8 he should be able to enter US on ESTA and travel to Canada by car.
Yep, that’s why I suggested it.