PR Card Delivered or Collected

Old Sep 12th 2020, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

BobbyN will become famous soon enoughBobbyN will become famous soon enough
Default PR Card Delivered or Collected

Hi all

I need to apply for a replacement PR card but plan to visit my family this month and remain in the UK until after XMAS or New Years.

I understand that there is long delays in processing but my question is whether PR cards (not first one) are delivered to my home address in Ontario or needs to be collected in person?

I want to avoid having to do a PRTD application for my return.

Thanks
Bobby
Old Sep 12th 2020, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

SarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Card Delivered or Collected

Hi,

We had to pick up our replacement PR cards in person at Vancouver CIC about 5 years ago (now citizens). It was at fairly short notice after waiting many months. I think it was done to ensure we really resided in Canada. Maybe they choose a percentage of all PR renewals for pick up. This may have all changed with Covid though.

Cheers,

Sarah

Old Sep 12th 2020, 1:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Once you have applied to renew the card they will either mail it to you in Canada or tell you that you need to pick it up.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...you-apply.html

Now the question nobody knows the answer to is will it be mailed or will you have to pick it up in person.
Old Sep 12th 2020, 1:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BobbyN
Hi all

I need to apply for a replacement PR card but plan to visit my family this month and remain in the UK until after XMAS or New Years.

I understand that there is long delays in processing but my question is whether PR cards (not first one) are delivered to my home address in Ontario or needs to be collected in person?

I want to avoid having to do a PRTD application for my return.

Thanks
Bobby
As above, it could be either. But processing time for replacement cards are currently around 6 months, so there’s no way you’ll have it by Xmas (unless you’ve already applied?).
Old Sep 12th 2020, 3:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I'm confused - you've also posted today saying you're in the UK now and have a PRTD? Can you clarify please? Oath Ceremony but can not get into Canada to attend
Old Sep 12th 2020, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Actually I'm confused - you've also posted today saying you're in the UK now and have a PRTD? Can you clarify please? Oath Ceremony but can not get into Canada to attend
Not that i need to clarify anything but just for you i will. As i said on the first line of my last post. "just updating".

Updating what i had to do back in March to return to Canada.

Think for future members it is useful in case same circumstances occur.
Old Sep 12th 2020, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
As above, it could be either. But processing time for replacement cards are currently around 6 months, so there’s no way you’ll have it by Xmas (unless you’ve already applied?).
Not applied yet, but will have to either way before I head home so just going to have to see what happens.
Old Sep 12th 2020, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Once you have applied to renew the card they will either mail it to you in Canada or tell you that you need to pick it up.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...you-apply.html

Now the question nobody knows the answer to is will it be mailed or will you have to pick it up in person.

THanks

I did browse through the site but did not see that page.

Seems like a coin toss but it does give 180 days to pick it up so that is fine and gives me enough time to return with a PRTD or via land crossing from Buffalo.

Bobby
Old Sep 12th 2020, 11:50 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

THanks

I did browse through the site but did not see that page.

Seems like a coin toss but it does give 180 days to pick it up so that is fine and gives me enough time to return with a PRTD or via land crossing from Buffalo.

Bobby
They could also send you a letter insisting you come in or to provide new photos - regardless, you will need someone to be available to collect and open your mail, otherwise you may not know anything about it anyway.

You may have issues doing a land crossing when the border is closed and flights into the US restricted.
Old Sep 14th 2020, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
They could also send you a letter insisting you come in or to provide new photos - regardless, you will need someone to be available to collect and open your mail, otherwise you may not know anything about it anyway.

You may have issues doing a land crossing when the border is closed and flights into the US restricted.
Understood

I have a residential address in Canada which i will rent short term when I am away to a friend so will always be someone to collect and open my mail if needed.

Thanks
Bobby
Old Sep 19th 2020, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Is BioMetrics required for PR cards?

Was just reading something mentioned about it on the page but that appointment could come later.
Old Sep 19th 2020, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Is BioMetrics required for PR cards?

Was just reading something mentioned about it on the page but that appointment could come later.
Can you post the link about biometrics where is mentioned as I don't see anything about it only that 2 x photos are required?
Old Sep 19th 2020, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Can you post the link about biometrics where is mentioned as I don't see anything about it only that 2 x photos are required?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...dentifier.html

i fall under the

IF
  • you’re now older than 14 years old and are applying for a new permanent resident card, a replacement or a renewal
Old Sep 19th 2020, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So you were less than 14 when your PR application was applied for on or after 31 July 2018?
  • you were less than 14 years old when we received your application for permanent residence and you applied for permanent residence on or after July 31, 2018, AND
  • you’re now older than 14 years old and are applying for a new permanent resident card, a replacement or a renewal

NOTE the AND.
Old Sep 19th 2020, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

So you were less than 14 when your PR application was applied for on or after 31 July 2018?
  • you were less than 14 years old when we received your application for permanent residence and you applied for permanent residence on or after July 31, 2018, AND

NOTE the AND.

DOH!

Thanks for catching that.