PR card couriered to UK

Old Oct 21st 2019, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

lsac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR card couriered to UK

Hi,
anybody got their PR cards couriered to UK? I've read different views on this matter: some even saying it's not legal. But I can't find anything about that claim on CIC website.
Old Oct 21st 2019, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR card couriered to UK

Originally Posted by lsac
Hi,
anybody got their PR cards couriered to UK? I've read different views on this matter: some even saying it's not legal. But I can't find anything about that claim on CIC website.
It is not correct to say it is not legal, that is BS!

Perfectly fine to courier your PR card to the UK, but strongly suggest you use a 'proper' courier company where you can track it all the way (FEDEX, UPS, DHL etc.). We couriered my wifes card no problem.
Old Oct 21st 2019, 5:35 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Will I get my permanent resident card by mail?

Will I get my permanent resident card by mail?

I am a permanent resident living outside of Canada
No. We do not mail PR cards outside of Canada. If you need to return to Canada and your PR card has expired or been lost or stolen, you will need to apply for a permanent resident travel document. It is only valid for one re-entry. You can apply for your PR card when you return to Canada.

I take that as meaning CIC won't do it, so you'd need someone at the receiving address to get it and then use a reputable courier to send it to you. Or you could get the PRTD as mentioned above, then apply for the PR card when you're in canada.
Old Oct 21st 2019, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

lsac is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Hurlabrick. My friend will definitely use one of the courier you mentioned.
Do you remember what was written in the description: "documents", "PR cards"?
Old Oct 21st 2019, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lsac
Thanks Hurlabrick. My friend will definitely use one of the courier you mentioned.
Do you remember what was written in the description: "documents", "PR cards"?
I had my friend courier it from Canada, he wrote 'documents' IIRC.
Old Oct 21st 2019, 11:40 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I sent my old passport off to the UK when I last renewed. Didn't have to write anything about the contents. I used Canada Post and it cost a fraction of the courier price. Registered and trackable.