Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR Card Application - Qn on Payment Fee Receipt

PR Card Application - Qn on Payment Fee Receipt

Old May 5th 2009, 2:26 am
Just Joined

aussie2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Card Application - Qn on Payment Fee Receipt

Hey all,

I am trying to find out information on the following questions and not been successful so far in finding out an answer.

1. I did a payment for a friend of mine who is applying for his PR Card.
2. Now the receipt generated has two copies. One to be retained and the other to be sent in with the application forms.
3. The copy to be sent has the following information to be filled out by hand:

Payer Information:

Name
Client date of birth
Client ID
Address
Postal Code
Telephone No.

Should this Payer Information be mine (because I made the payment basically) or my friend's? (as the payment is processed, funds are deducted and receipt generated and hence it has got nothing to do with my info?)

Also, what does it mean by "Client ID"? Where do I get that from?
Old May 5th 2009, 5:08 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Card Application - Qn on Payment Fee Receipt

Hi

Originally Posted by aussie2010
Hey all,

I am trying to find out information on the following questions and not been successful so far in finding out an answer.

1. I did a payment for a friend of mine who is applying for his PR Card.
2. Now the receipt generated has two copies. One to be retained and the other to be sent in with the application forms.
3. The copy to be sent has the following information to be filled out by hand:

Payer Information:

Name
Client date of birth
Client ID
Address
Postal Code
Telephone No.

Should this Payer Information be mine (because I made the payment basically) or my friend's? (as the payment is processed, funds are deducted and receipt generated and hence it has got nothing to do with my info?)

Also, what does it mean by "Client ID"? Where do I get that from?
Your friends information. Their client ID is on the PR Card and their Confirmation of PR. looks xxxx-xxxx
Old May 5th 2009, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Well, he is applying for his first ever PR card. So I would assume he might have this number in his landed immigrant papers? IMM 1000 is the document he has with him.
Old May 5th 2009, 7:14 am
Just Joined

Also, he could find two different numbers on his IMM 1000. One on the right top corner which is on a sticker and it begins with an alphabet and this is read as "Employment and Immigration Canada".

There is another number found on the bottom of the page. This starts with an alphabet as well. So none of them is actually in a xxxx-xxxx format?!?

Can anyone help us identifying a client id?
Old May 5th 2009, 8:17 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by aussie2010
Also, he could find two different numbers on his IMM 1000. One on the right top corner which is on a sticker and it begins with an alphabet and this is read as "Employment and Immigration Canada".

There is another number found on the bottom of the page. This starts with an alphabet as well. So none of them is actually in a xxxx-xxxx format?!?

Can anyone help us identifying a client id?
Then you friend has the old style IMM 1000 hasn't been issued in 7 years didn't have Client ID, so s/he leaves that section blank
Old May 5th 2009, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Yes that is right. He has the IMM 1000 which was issued more than seven years ago. Thank you so much for your response.