PR Card

Old Sep 17th 2018, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Warwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to behold
Default PR Card

Hello
We made a soft landing on 5th August, citing my sons address in Saskatoon to forward our PR cards as that was where we were staying. It’s been 6 weeks now and the cards haven’t arrived. Any idea how long they usually take to arrive? Should we start chasing yet and if yes, who do we chase?
Thanks in advance
Old Sep 17th 2018, 6:55 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Card

According to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ing-times.html it takes about 62 days to process your 1st PR card. It's the government so add at least another 2 weeks to their estimate.
Old Sep 17th 2018, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Warwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Danny B
According to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ing-times.html it takes about 62 days to process your 1st PR card. It's the government so add at least another 2 weeks to their estimate.
That's great Danny - thank you!
Old Sep 17th 2018, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, best to count on 3 months I suggest!
Old Sep 18th 2018, 12:56 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

8.5 months and a letter to the MP & Minister for my partner to get his.
Old Sep 18th 2018, 2:15 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Have you got friends in high places?
My original outland Sponsor/PR application should have been a straightforward (at the time) 6 months. CIC made a series of errors which resulted in refusal about a year on.

I can't remember exactly what happened at this point but I received a letter from CIC apologising for the error and stating where they went wrong. But they were not changing the decision (we were wrong but we're not putting it right) and I should make a new application. So I did, Inland.

I had a new set of fees to pay and another medical fee because the first one was out of time thanks to the error.

In that application I included a suggestion that they could correct the error and just redo it from the original date and save lots of work for everyone. I also wrote to the minister to say they'd admitted the error but hadn't corrected it and this had cost me additional fees plus at least a year more (so far!) than it should have.

The minister forwarded my letter and asked them to respond. Which they did with a generic/form letter outlining the normal application procedure. Not one issue was addressed properly. Shocking.

This was between 2004 and 2006. Maybe it's better now.
Old Sep 18th 2018, 3:31 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Have you got friends in high places?
My original outland Sponsor/PR application should have been a straightforward (at the time) 6 months. CIC made a series of errors which resulted in refusal about a year on.

I can't remember exactly what happened at this point but I received a letter from CIC apologising for the error and stating where they went wrong. But they were not changing the decision (we were wrong but we're not putting it right) and I should make a new application. So I did, Inland.

I had a new set of fees to pay and another medical fee because the first one was out of time thanks to the error.

In that application I included a suggestion that they could correct the error and just redo it from the original date and save lots of work for everyone. I also wrote to the minister to say they'd admitted the error but hadn't corrected it and this had cost me additional fees plus at least a year more (so far!) than it should have.

The minister forwarded my letter and asked them to respond. Which they did with a generic/form letter outlining the normal application procedure. Not one issue was addressed properly. Shocking.

This was between 2004 and 2006. Maybe it's better now.
Nope, no friends . I did however explain that the OH had possibly missed out on employment due to the excessive delays, not only for the card, but that our very straightforward application took over 14 months despite the notes saying it was readyfor approval more than 5 months before they got around to sending the email.
Old Sep 18th 2018, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Yes, best to count on 3 months I suggest!
OK, I won't panic then as we don't fly back until April, and having read other posts on here, I'll ensure they're FedEx'd to us!
Thanks.
Old Sep 18th 2018, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Do you mean 8 months for his actual PR card after landing?
Old Sep 18th 2018, 7:46 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by Warwickbowman
Do you mean 8 months for his actual PR card after landing?
Yes. My partner landed on 12 December 2017 and I wrote to the minister in late July/early August (after having to pay for a PRTD to go on a recce in June). My sister received the card in late August and she sent it to us on 1 September.
Old Sep 18th 2018, 1:49 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Warwickbowman
OK, I won't panic then as we don't fly back until April, and having read other posts on here, I'll ensure they're FedEx'd to us!
Thanks.
be aware 10% of PR card are not sent to the address you give...these you have to pick up in person from the local govt offices..this happened to my Daughter...mine and my son's were sent to my house..she was informed she had to pick hers up in person with all her documents to prove she was actually living in Canada.
Old Sep 18th 2018, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

I was 5 months for mine. Landed September, waited 3 months, letter received rejecting photos, submitted the same photos again (the last 2 from the set of 4) and PR card arrived in January. Rejection of photos has happened to quite a few people I know and on this forum and I suspect, although cannot prove, it is used as an excuse by the Processing Centre when they cannot meet their own deadline and need more time without admitting their fault.
Old Sep 19th 2018, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
I was 5 months for mine. Landed September, waited 3 months, letter received rejecting photos, submitted the same photos again (the last 2 from the set of 4) and PR card arrived in January. Rejection of photos has happened to quite a few people I know and on this forum and I suspect, although cannot prove, it is used as an excuse by the Processing Centre when they cannot meet their own deadline and need more time without admitting their fault.
Hi, oddly I've just received an email today from Canadian Immigration rejecting my photo. Will obviously comply ASAP and hope to receive the card/s soon after. I hope we don't have to collect them in person as suggested by an earlier comment! Thanks.
Old Sep 19th 2018, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
I suspect, although cannot prove, it is used as an excuse by the Processing Centre when they cannot meet their own deadline and need more time without admitting their fault.
I strongly suspect that too!
Old Sep 19th 2018, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

EngCan is an unknown quantity at this point

Rejection of photo?! The photo that was stuck to the COPR form?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.