PR card

Old Dec 1st 2011, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

AnneReinink is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR card

I am a dutch citizen and thus need a PR card to travel abroad. I was wondering if it's possible to send away for a PR card but have someone else pick it up for me. I will be leaving on my holiday before it will come in.

Does anyone know if someone else can pick up the PR card and then have it sent to where I am staying overseas? Is that allowed?
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 4:47 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR card

Hi

Originally Posted by AnneReinink
I am a dutch citizen and thus need a PR card to travel abroad. I was wondering if it's possible to send away for a PR card but have someone else pick it up for me. I will be leaving on my holiday before it will come in.

Does anyone know if someone else can pick up the PR card and then have it sent to where I am staying overseas? Is that allowed?
No, renewals have to picked up in person.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 12:38 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I am a dutch citizen and thus need a PR card to travel abroad.
No, you dont. The Dutch are covered by the Visa waiver program just the same as the British so the same much discussed reality will apply to you as it does to us.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

How come when I went 5 years ago to The Netherlands they did ask me for my PR card?
What are the chances they won't ask at boarding for my return trip? And what will happen if they don't let me board?
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 12:51 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

How come when I went 5 years ago to The Netherlands they did ask me for my PR card?
What are the chances they won't ask at boarding for my return trip? And what will happen if they don't let me board?
The airline or Immigration? Immigration ask as a matter of routine, its more convenient for them, but they can deal with you not having it. No one is saying that in an ideal world you shouldnt have a valid PR card, but lots of valid PRs dont have one for one reason or another. If you are worried about it have some proof of residency with you, pay stubs, credit card bills etc...

The chances of being refused boarding the flight, based on people posting here to say they were refused boarding since I started to post here in 2003 are as close to zero as you can get, its never been reported here. Some people get sent to secondary immigration when they reach the "point of entry", but most dont even have that hassle.

I posted a link yesterday that showed that Dutch visitors to Canada dont have any visa requirements, a valid passport is sufficient to enter as a visitor.

Last edited by iaink; Dec 2nd 2011 at 12:54 pm.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

So the airline isn't going to pull me aside for a few hours?
On my return trip I am flying from the Netherlands to Paris and then to Canada. I have 2 hours stop over in France. Is that enough time?
If they don't check in Amsterdam will they check in France?

Thanks for all the feedback
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 12:56 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

It seems extremely unlikely to me.

Was it immigration or the airline that asked about PR cards before?