PR Card

Old Aug 23rd 2011, 1:42 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Card

Originally Posted by T4T
I quite surprised as we had the pictures taken at Snappy Snaps and were reassured that the photos are to the right specifications.
Specifications just means the right size of pic and right amount of unsmiling person in it. It does not mean that there is adeqaute contrast etc etc for the facial recognition biometric software to do its thing.

Basically if its anything like Walmart, they guarantee that they will take it again for free if its rejected, not that it will be accepted 1st time. Which sucks when you think about it.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 2:08 pm
T4T
Forum Regular

T4T will become famous soon enoughT4T will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by iaink
Specifications just means the right size of pic and right amount of unsmiling person in it. It does not mean that there is adeqaute contrast etc etc for the facial recognition biometric software to do its thing.

Basically if its anything like Walmart, they guarantee that they will take it again for free if its rejected, not that it will be accepted 1st time. Which sucks when you think about it.

Thanks for the reply. Yes it's quite annoying especially after waiting over 4 months for the cards!!!
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

hey T4T ,

Same story for me. I called the helpline and was told not to expect the letter til mid september! I landed in April and photos were rejected in July (i only found this out by calling - the letter is how they advise us , 5 months later)

If you have urgent travel plans you can go to the office in Toronto with photos and tell them the story and the will try do something for you but otherwise, you have no option but to sit tight.

It ridiculously slow but then again, we should be used to this silliness by now!
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

saz1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a little confused on the PR card front, apoligies if this is a dumb question...

I've just had my passport request (spousal sponsorship via London) and they requested 2 photos. Will I get sent my PR card from London or are these photos for some other purpose? I know I have to land and the wiki says that I can apply for my PR card then, what I want to know is what they are doing with my passport and 2 photos in London?
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 7:46 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

PR cards are sent from within Canada once you land. The usual thing is for them to take pictures when you land I believe.

My vague understanding is the submitted photos go on the visa and into the records, and the passport is stamped and the visa entered.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

Originally Posted by saz1983
I am a little confused on the PR card front, apoligies if this is a dumb question...

I've just had my passport request (spousal sponsorship via London) and they requested 2 photos. Will I get sent my PR card from London or are these photos for some other purpose? I know I have to land and the wiki says that I can apply for my PR card then, what I want to know is what they are doing with my passport and 2 photos in London?
In London they are inserting a right to land visa into your passport - its a one use visa that entitles you to permanent residency. When you land, they put a line through that visa and issue you with a form.. i think IMM50 something something... this is your right of permanent residency form and acts as a temporary PR card until you receive one in Canada. (Ask them to staple it to your passport so you dont lose it) . The immigration officer will apply for your PR card for you and ask what Canadian address to send it to. Not sure why they want your photos in London but the ones you sent with your passport will be on your PR card provided they are suitable.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

saz1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the responses guys, that makes a lot more sense now! One more q - I have a work permit in my passport just now when I send it to London should I keep it in there or keep it with me while my passport is away?
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by saz1983
Thanks for the responses guys, that makes a lot more sense now! One more q - I have a work permit in my passport just now when I send it to London should I keep it in there or keep it with me while my passport is away?
Id expect you leave it there. Would you need it between now and when you get your passport back?
Would be a good idea to photocopy your passport and permit though... just in case!
Old Aug 24th 2011, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Rich_London is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope someone can give some advice here...

We entered Canada by land border via the US from the UK in March. We stayed for three months trying to find work and waiting for our PR cards which never came. We were told they were still being processed every time we contacted CIC.

After those three months we had to come home to deal with some family issues and top up funds. We still have our address in Whistler, being regularly checked by some friends but nothing is coming, not even correspondence to say our photo's are wrong...

Now we're back in the UK and working we don't want to head back until our PR is ready or at least until someone tells us what is happening with them but it's been nearly 6 months, something must be wrong but they wont deal with us on the phone if we call from the UK

Not sure where to go from here.... Before we start Skype interviewing for jobs back in Vancouver i'd like to have some idea what is wrong with our cards.... Any ideas?

Thanks,

Richard
Old Aug 24th 2011, 3:22 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Rich_London
Not sure where to go from here.... Before we start Skype interviewing for jobs back in Vancouver i'd like to have some idea what is wrong with our cards.... Any ideas?

Thanks,

Richard
no idea, but you dont need it to return to canada anyway assuming you have your british passport and COPR form, thats pretty much the whole point of this thread.

Im sure people have managed to contact CIC from the UK, Whats the online status?
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en
Old Sep 13th 2011, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iaink
PR cards are sent from within Canada once you land. The usual thing is for them to take pictures when you land I believe.

My vague understanding is the submitted photos go on the visa and into the records, and the passport is stamped and the visa entered.
They do not take pictures when you land.

We submitted 2 photos with passport requests and they attached one to the COPR form, so my guess is they either use that for the PR cards, or they use the 2nd photo they we provided with passport requests (more likely the former).

Wayne.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice

update on my PR card ... I landed 3rd March and it never showed up. Didn't get a letter either to say there was a problem with photos... anyway, we emigrated on 14th August after selling our house in the UK which meant I could finally call the 1-888 number (which isn't possible from the UK) and after several days of not being able to get through I finally managed to speak with someone. Turns out my PR Card was posted out 11th April so obviously got lost by Canada Post

So they are posting me a form to sign and fax back to them (solomn declaration) in order to get another card sent out to me. Could be cutting it fine though as apparently it will take 2-3 weeks for the form to arrive (yes, they wouldn't fax or email it!!), and I must have it faxed back by October 8th .... otherwise it's $50 to apply for another card!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chobert
update on my PR card ... I landed 3rd March and it never showed up. Didn't get a letter either to say there was a problem with photos... anyway, we emigrated on 14th August after selling our house in the UK which meant I could finally call the 1-888 number (which isn't possible from the UK) and after several days of not being able to get through I finally managed to speak with someone. Turns out my PR Card was posted out 11th April so obviously got lost by Canada Post

So they are posting me a form to sign and fax back to them (solomn declaration) in order to get another card sent out to me. Could be cutting it fine though as apparently it will take 2-3 weeks for the form to arrive (yes, they wouldn't fax or email it!!), and I must have it faxed back by October 8th .... otherwise it's $50 to apply for another card!
Bad luck chobert.. they dont make it easy for you!

Im still waiting on a letter to tell me that my pics were not good enough. Even though I know they were rejected in June, i cannot send them new ones until they send me this letter. CRAZY!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mdunny
Bad luck chobert.. they dont make it easy for you!

Im still waiting on a letter to tell me that my pics were not good enough. Even though I know they were rejected in June, i cannot send them new ones until they send me this letter. CRAZY!
How do you know the PR cards were rejected, or do u just phone them?

Ours will be 4 weeks since we landed on Saturday, and about 6.5 weeks by the time I get over there on 11th October.

After how many weeks should I give them a call to make sure the pics were ok? Thinking of calling them if I haven't heard after 2 months?

Wayne.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

yeah, i called after two months and they were able to tell me that a note was added to my profile to say my photos were rejected. Im in a queue (or is that 'line'!) for an official letter to be sent...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.