PR Card

Old Jun 13th 2011, 9:07 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Card

We landed as immigrants towards the end of April, and still havent received our PR Cards.
Anyone recently received theirs, and if so, how long did it take?
Cheers
Old Jun 13th 2011, 9:47 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR Card

We landed on 20th April. Cards not arrived yet. CIC website says current wait is now 40 days.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice

I landed 3rd March (at Halifax) and still haven't received mine
Old Jun 15th 2011, 3:40 pm
No longer waiting :-)

iamafish is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here - we landed on 14th April, and have received nothing. Does anyone know if there is any way to contact them? We are nipping back to Blighty in a couple of weeks, and were hoping to have them before then
Old Jun 15th 2011, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

AllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of light

My husband 'landed' in late April, and hasn't received his yet either!
Old Jun 15th 2011, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by iamafish
Same here - we landed on 14th April, and have received nothing. Does anyone know if there is any way to contact them? We are nipping back to Blighty in a couple of weeks, and were hoping to have them before then
I think you have to call the call centre. The number is on the CIC web site. I will try and find the link.

Here it is. I notice the proccessing time has gone up again this week to 41 days! Plus we have to factor in the postal strike.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa.../perm-card.asp

Last edited by Miss Clinique; Jun 15th 2011 at 4:59 pm. Reason: add link
Old Jun 15th 2011, 5:10 pm
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough

Takes normally 8 weeks (41 business days):

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa.../perm-card.asp

but dont forget they will be hit by the postal strike:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...ost-strike.asp

For those who might be leaving country by air, have a read of Port of Entry Manual (section 11 applies):

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc.../enf04-eng.pdf

Note - A lot of the threads on here about re-entering Canada without PR Card will go on about delayed check-in by the airline due to them checking they will accept the paper work stated in the POE manual. {An airline can be fined for carrying someone without relevant permission to enter destination country}

For those who might be wishing to leave/re-enter country by car, have a read of this specific FAQ on the CIC website.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/informa...card-faq12.asp

Last edited by JB0591; Jun 15th 2011 at 5:29 pm.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 3:40 pm

I rang the help line who told me that there is an issue with the photos - after I put the phone down I went out to the post box and, with impeccable timing, there were the letters to confirm that. So we all need to get new photos and reapply.

One thing she did say was that we will need to go to Canada House while we are in the UK, and get travel documents for when we return to Canada next week. A snip at 50 bucks each....
Old Jul 4th 2011, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

DanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond repute

I landed mid March and got my PR card two weeks ago.

I did have to get my photo's redone as there was some mysterious problem with them (my original photo's were used for everything else up till this point, including the visa in my passport, medical, police certificate).

The PR card is handled by different offices depending on what area you are in, when I landed the address I gave was Cambridge, but after a week we relocated to Hamilton. This meant all my details had to be sent to a different office that covered the Hamilton area which probably slowed things down a bit.
Luckily for me this was all done and dusted before to postal strike.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 4:08 pm

We landed April 20th. I called the call centre today and got told they posted then out on June 16th, he said they are probabley caught up in the post back log - who knows.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Vbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really nice

I landed on April 19th, so it's more than 2 calendar months

I called them before the strike ended. This is how it went:

Me: What's going on with my PR card?

It takes 8 weeks

Me: It's been more than 8 weeks

OK let me check. OK they sent it out June 18

Me: Why would you send the mail out when there's a strike, I don't want it to get lost in the mail

There's still service in some areas

Me: No, it's a full on strike, how don't you know this, just go to their website

I don't know, that's all I have on my system

Me: Don't you talk to the office that issues the card?

No, it's in another province

Me: So? I'm calling you from another province as well. I'd like to pay to have them couriered to me

We can't do that

Me: Can I talk to the office that issues them?

No

Me: Why not?

I don't know their number

Me: So what am I suppose to do?

Wait, I don't have more information

Urg

I swear they hire the most incompetent people there. They're really useless
Old Jul 4th 2011, 5:18 pm

Just slightly confused, as there seems to be some difference in the descriptions of the travel docs we need for when we come back (we are only going to be away for a week).

This page says you need to go to CH in London, and get a travel document. It also makes a big thing of meeting the Residency Obligation, and being resident for more than 730 days etc. I'm totally confused about where we stand on that, as we only landed in April....

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ons/travel.asp

This one seems to imply that we could just show our passports with the PR stamp in (though they could ask for more info) and does not mention the travel document as an option at all:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/informa...card-faq12.asp

Old Jul 4th 2011, 5:22 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

long as you have your orginal landing documents you do not need anything else to enter the country even without your PR CARD
Old Jul 4th 2011, 5:35 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
long as you have your orginal landing documents you do not need anything else to enter the country even without your PR CARD
As has been said here ad nauseum, getting in the country is not the potential sticking point. If there is going to be a problem it will be getting on the flight that will be the issue. Its still a moderately large "if" though for British passport holders.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 5:37 pm

The original landing document is stamped all over with 'not valid as a travel document', though I will certainly take those with me anyway....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.