Wikiposts

PR card

Old Jul 6th 2010, 10:48 pm
Account Closed

micknev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR card

Im aware there is a another thread about this,didnt want to hijack that one,so,any advice please.
Landed 21st April,in Toronto,gave address in Canada for PR cards.
Partner received hers 2/3 weeks ago,im still waiting!!! Not to bothered,however,both of us returning to Canada August 12th to live,before I return to UK again in late October, for 2/3 weeks to sort out house etc.Will I have a problem on 12th August,bearing in mind I have return ticket,and/or a problem when returning after sorting out house etc with one way ticket in mid November,if im still waiting for card!!!!!!!!
Sounds long winded I know but any advice greatful.
Thanks
Mick
Old Jul 7th 2010, 3:38 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR card

If you are a UK citizen you should not have any problem returning so long as you have proof of landing and (best) a settlement plan to talk about if asked.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 3:47 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
If you are a UK citizen you should not have any problem returning so long as you have proof of landing and (best) a settlement plan to talk about if asked.
Well, no problem with immigration, its the airlines you need to watch out for. Generally speaking anyone with a return ticket and a UK passport shouldnt have a problem, but some carriers are stickier about documentation for those on one way tickets. Worst case, if the OP cant get their PR card in time, and the airline recommends it, they would have to face the hassle of getting a travel document in London, but its unlikely to come to that.

Last edited by iaink; Jul 7th 2010 at 3:49 am.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 4:36 am
Account Closed

Thank you for prompt reply Jim/iaink,much appreciated,I dont post much but as always this site is invaluable.Thank you
Do enjoy reading some of the posts,must post more/join in ,if only I was quicker on this damn keyboard,im like a fish out of water with it
Cheers
Mick
Old Jul 7th 2010, 5:50 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

It is possible that you will have to retake the photo for the PR card. That seems to be the main reason for delayed deliveries. That can only be done in Canada at a CIC.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 7:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
It is possible that you will have to retake the photo for the PR card. That seems to be the main reason for delayed deliveries. That can only be done in Canada at a CIC.
Just looked at couple of other threads,and looks like that is happening,not a big problem,just hope they let me know...
Mick