Wikiposts

PR: Canadian Experience Class

Old May 5th 2011, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

_Aidan_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR: Canadian Experience Class

Hello,
Background info before my question:
Came to Canada on working holiday visa: Sept 2009 - Sept 2010.
Successfully got work permit on IT LMO exempt program for Sept 2010 - Sept 2011.
Successfully got another working holiday visa through IEC which I'll activate for Sept 2011 - Sept 2012.

I want to apply for PR asap. The easiest way seems to be through the Canadian Experience Class route, but that requires me to have been working here for 2years. The two years will be this December 2011. (I started my IT job in Dec 2009)

My question is - at what point do you think I could get away with submitting my application for CEC? Because I was thinking if I submit it in September/October then by the time they go to process it, I will have been here the two years.
I want to do this because I want to have the PR as soon as possible so I don't have to go on a fourth temp work visa.

Thanks for any help/advice.
Aidan
Old May 5th 2011, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR: Canadian Experience Class

Going by other things of this nature, you have to be valid at the point of application, not the point where they get round to looking at it.

Hope that helps. I'm sure someone else will be along to confirm/correct what I've stated.
Old May 5th 2011, 4:58 am
Just Joined

andrew127 is an unknown quantity at this point

As rubberduckofdeath said, you could only submit in December 2011 (with the usual caveats about the jobs having an NOC at level 0/A/B). There was an applicant on trackitt here who applied before the two year qualifying period was up (thinking that working more than 37.5 hours a week qualified him/her early) and duly had his/her application rejected.

You could use the time between now and December to make sure all the necessary documents were gathered, sit your IELTS (if you haven't already) and so forth.

Last edited by andrew127; May 5th 2011 at 5:01 am. Reason: clumsy link
Old May 5th 2011, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

_Aidan_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the help you two. I guess it's December for me. It's unfortunate but I guess I'll have to apply for a fourth one year visa next year while waiting for it to come through!
Old May 5th 2011, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

Vbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really nice

You need two years of experience in NOCs O,A,B on a full time basis at the time the application is SIGNED so you have to wait till Dec to apply. Don't matter when they open it, or if you work 80 hours one week, it would only count as one week