PR from Canada

Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:22 am
Just Joined

jomarie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR from Canada

Hi

We sent off our PR application to Buffalo a while ago - but haven't heard anything back. I am presuming this means that they haven't started processing the application yet, but wondered if others have the same experience? I expected to receive a comfirmation that they had received my application - which I know they did as it was sent by recorded delivery but the silence is making me a little uneasy. So what should I expect from them?

Thanks for any advice
Jo
Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

ESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really nice
Default Re: PR from Canada

Took them about 2 1/2 months to reply with AOR and Med Requests. I've got BC PNP so it should have been high priority.

i.e. it takes them a long time. Don't worry until 90+ days after they received it.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

alspackman is on a distinguished road

Agreed - I received my letter with File Number from Buffalo after exactly 3 months. I didnt get the Med Requests though and have not heard anything since then. It's a long old wait. :-)
Old Aug 31st 2009, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

lifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to all

Hi,

Same here, British family in Canada, submitted PR to Buffalo in November 08, received acknowledgement of receipt in March 09, nothing since.

Group hug in order I think.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 6:05 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Took about 2 and half months for me as well under pnp to get AOR and med request at the same time so don't lose heart
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:14 am
Just Joined

lancsmanny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jomarie
Hi

We sent off our PR application to Buffalo a while ago - but haven't heard anything back. I am presuming this means that they haven't started processing the application yet, but wondered if others have the same experience? I expected to receive a comfirmation that they had received my application - which I know they did as it was sent by recorded delivery but the silence is making me a little uneasy. So what should I expect from them?

Thanks for any advice
Jo
Buffalo received our PR appl in May; rcvd medical req's in July; meds done and sent to Ottawa in Aug. Hope to hear in Nov.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

lifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to all

Lancmanny,

Wow that's fast! Any special circumstances or did you just get really really lucky?
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

ESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really nice

No - lancsmanny's timeline roughly matches my own.

PNP is supposed to be fast.