Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR Arrived but no PR Card in Passport!!!

PR Arrived but no PR Card in Passport!!!

Old Jan 3rd 2012, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

NigenAmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Arrived but no PR Card in Passport!!!

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to check but we have received our PR document back but there is no PR card in our passport, just the document. There is a sheet attached saying that as from 1st Dec 2011 no PR card will be attached for people with a visa exempt passport. Does this mean we won't get anything to travel with? How will they know in Canada if we fly out and back when we only have a British passport?

Hope you can help.
Thanks and Happy New Year!!
Old Jan 4th 2012, 1:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Arrived but no PR Card in Passport!!!

PR cards were never placed in passports. Are you getting confused with the Immigrant visa counterfoil?
Im assuming you received the 3 sheet Confirmation of Permanent Resident?
Once you arrive in Canada and provide a Canadian address then the PR card will be mailed to that address.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 8:24 am
Just Joined

NigenAmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, thanks for replying.
Yes we have only just received permanent residency so it will be the Immigration visa counterfoil I mean, although it does call it the Permanent residence visa on the letter attached so I assumed that was the PR card. All we have is the 3 page Confirmation of permanent Residence document so I'm assuming thats fine then. It doens't say anything about it changing on the 1st Dec on the CIC website which just worried us slightly.

Many Thanks
Old Jan 4th 2012, 8:30 am
Just Joined

Mehrana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Once you arrive in Canada and provide a Canadian address then the PR card will be mailed to that address.
Hi,

1-May I write "my friends address" who is Canadian and lives there?or this address should be "my own address" in Canada?

2-As you said,my PR card will be mailed to that address.should I personally receive it?or my friend can also recieve the PR card and then give it to me?

Actually,I want to go to Canada,stay there for 10 days and come back to my country to gather my university documents...
Regarding that receiving the PR card takes 30-60 days,may I ask my friend to receive my card and then send it to me?

Thanks
Old Jan 4th 2012, 8:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

As of 1 Dec 2011 CIC are not issuing the counterfoil visa in passports that are exempt from a Temporary Resident Visa
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...011/ob348a.asp

So you are now good to go.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Mehrana
Hi,

1-May I write "my friends address" who is Canadian and lives there?or this address should be "my own address" in Canada?

2-As you said,my PR card will be mailed to that address.should I personally receive it?or my friend can also recieve the PR card and then give it to me?

Actually,I want to go to Canada,stay there for 10 days and come back to my country to gather my university documents...
Regarding that receiving the PR card takes 30-60 days,may I ask my friend to receive my card and then send it to me?

Thanks
If you have a Canadian address yourself then you should have it mailed to that address.
You can use a friends address but be aware if it gets lost it is still your responsibility to inform CIC. Your friend can also send it to you but again it could get lost in the mail.