Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR Application While Already Employed On A Work Permit

PR Application While Already Employed On A Work Permit

Old Oct 16th 2006, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute
Default PR Application While Already Employed On A Work Permit

If you are already employed in Canada on a work permit can you use the fast via London route with AEO?

If so, is there anything sepcial needed on the offer of employment letter. Mine indicated a permanent job, but I suspect that I need a letter that indicates that the job is temporary and would be converted to permanent if I getr PR status. Is this correct? The job is actually permanent, if I was not to get PR for any reason they will just relocate me back to their UK office.

My new job takes advantage of the IT professionals LMO waiver program. Does this have any negative impact on a PR application with AEO?

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 16th 2006, 3:29 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR Application While Already Employed On A Work Permit

You need new letter (as you already suspected) stating employer's intention to convert your current temporary employment in Canada to a permanent one after you become a PR. And a copy of work permit of course.

Originally Posted by Posidrive
If you are already employed in Canada on a work permit can you use the fast via London route with AEO?

If so, is there anything sepcial needed on the offer of employment letter. Mine indicated a permanent job, but I suspect that I need a letter that indicates that the job is temporary and would be converted to permanent if I getr PR status. Is this correct? The job is actually permanent, if I was not to get PR for any reason they will just relocate me back to their UK office.

My new job takes advantage of the IT professionals LMO waiver program. Does this have any negative impact on a PR application with AEO?

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 16th 2006, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

skigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant future
Default Re: PR Application While Already Employed On A Work Permit

Some additional experience on this....I am here on a WP as an intra-company transfer. Applied for PR Feb 2006 with letter stating intention to make me permanent. They received our Canadian police clearances in May from the RCMP. I chased recently and they confirmed we were on the 'priority' queue and they would be in touch within the next 4weeks. All this was with London.

Fingers crossed for good news soon

Gordon

Originally Posted by Posidrive

Thanks in advance