PR Application refused.

Old Jan 18th 2011, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default PR Application refused.

In-Canada Spousal Sponsorship Application

They state that my Police certificate hadn't arrived in time, and that I hadn't got my UK children's (who aren't immigrating) medicals done. I had sent in the certificate, along with a letter stating that my ex's refused to take the kids for medicals.

Can I appeal?

I am phoning CIC tomorrow to see what else I can do.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 12:24 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Application refused.

Originally Posted by CaptainHook

They state that my Police certificate hadn't arrived in time, and that I hadn't got my UK children's (who aren't immigrating) medicals done. I had sent in the certificate, along with a letter stating that my ex's refused to take the kids for medicals.

Can I appeal?

They seem to not be accepting such letters from exes anymore - or at least I have seen them refuse to accept them in the last couple of months.

How late was your police cert? Is it refused - job done thank you - or do you have time to provide them with something else?
Old Jan 18th 2011, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
They seem to not be accepting such letters from exes anymore - or at least I have seen them refuse to accept them in the last couple of months.

How late was your police cert? Is it refused - job done thank you - or do you have time to provide them with something else?
They don't say that they refused the Police cert, they just said it was late, but I'm sure I sent it before the six months they said I had was up. They didn't state how late they received it.

Even without the Police certificate issue, it looks like my ex's refusal to get medicals done is still going to be a problem.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 1:38 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

They don't say that they refused the Police cert, they just said it was late, but I'm sure I sent it before the six months they said I had was up. They didn't state how late they received it.

Even without the Police certificate issue, it looks like my ex's refusal to get medicals done is still going to be a problem.
What the hell...~This is what happens when I leave you here alone !!!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 3:42 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Can I appeal?

No appeal rights on "in Canada" spousal applications. Only leave to appeal to the Federal Court if there was an error in law.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Can I appeal?

I am very confused. Why do you need to provide medicals for family members who are NOT emmigrating?
Wayne.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 8:35 pm
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Waggle
I am very confused. Why do you need to provide medicals for family members who are NOT emmigrating?
Wayne.
In case you ever choose to sponsor them. I believe however you can forfeit your right to ever sponsor them and then they do not require medicals.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 4:13 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

We had to swear an affidavit to say that we would not sponsor my husbands daughter in the future. She is 21 and living with her boyfriend but they still wanted us to get the affidavit.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 9:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Waggle
Wayne.
Immigration rules don't always have a good reason. I'm told it's in case it's decided to sponsor them at a later date.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 10:48 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Immigration rules don't always have a good reason. I'm told it's in case it's decided to sponsor them at a later date.
Any news? Have you called a lawyer to find out what you can do next?
Old Jan 19th 2011, 11:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
Any news? Have you called a lawyer to find out what you can do next?
Calling a lawyer Friday. The CIC call centre agent was very helpful today.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 11:33 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds positive - fingers and toes crossed
Old Jan 19th 2011, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope it all goes OK for you. Nasty position to be in