Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR application questions (already on work permit in Canada)

Wikiposts

PR application questions (already on work permit in Canada)

Old Aug 31st 2007, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

stubby1974 has a spectacular aura aboutstubby1974 has a spectacular aura aboutstubby1974 has a spectacular aura about
Default PR application questions (already on work permit in Canada)

becuase the legal person ay hubbys work isnt up to speed with anything so i need your wonderful help as i know you all will have the answers...

1. On the forms the company gave us – it says to provide a “prosecution history’.. do not apply for a police cert etc .. apply for 3019A etc…

But when I go to the police site for the forms…. http://www.met.police.uk/dataprotection/forms.htm

It states on 3019A form
“This information is not an application for conviction history information, often asked for in connection with visa applications or employment. Such information may be applied for using Form 3019B ‘Access to the Police National Computer’.”

So which one do I need to send off? I have done 3019B but now am not so sure but this form isn’t a Police Certificate either.

2. On the instructions document, the page opposite the photograph info is a letter about police records about staing we give x police service the right to disclose info to the buffalo office. Now do I have to put copies in with the applications for the info or is just doing the forms enough – I just don’t want the uk & Irish police to send the police documents to Buffalo instead of me

I am totally confused now I dont want to get this all wrong and delay the process more than i have - took 22 weeks for the Irish Records Office to send me a copy of my brith certificate.

Any help, advice or anything is gratefully appreciated before i go insane...
Old Sep 1st 2007, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

ladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: PR application questions (already on work permit in Canada)

Hi Stubby - no one's replied to you Usually this is cos the info you need is already in the Wiki section above - or else on the forum somewhere if you search. So you could try that?

However, I noted one of your police checks will be from Ireland. My hubby needed one from Ireland and found the delays also unacceptable. In the end, hubby's dad (who is still in Dublin) took a copy of hubby's birth cert into the local garda office, paid the fee and asked them to send the police check to us out here (we are already in Canada). Don't think you'd get away with this in the UK - things a bit more relaxed in Dublin.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

stubby1974 has a spectacular aura aboutstubby1974 has a spectacular aura aboutstubby1974 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: PR application questions (already on work permit in Canada)

Originally Posted by ladymoose
Hi Stubby - no one's replied to you Usually this is cos the info you need is already in the Wiki section above - or else on the forum somewhere if you search. So you could try that?

However, I noted one of your police checks will be from Ireland. My hubby needed one from Ireland and found the delays also unacceptable. In the end, hubby's dad (who is still in Dublin) took a copy of hubby's birth cert into the local garda office, paid the fee and asked them to send the police check to us out here (we are already in Canada). Don't think you'd get away with this in the UK - things a bit more relaxed in Dublin.
thanks - its ok - i should have not paniced and just done the search onthe forum like i normally do but i was so miffed at the lawyer i wasnt thinking straight.