PR Application Question

Old Sep 7th 2005, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Muncles will become famous soon enoughMuncles will become famous soon enough
Default PR Application Question

Got most documents together now to apply.

I worked for a company as a chemist from 1996 to 2004 and therefore get the max points for this section of the points test. Before that I worked for 11 months in a related field but not applicable to the work experience I am claiming for.

Do I need to get details from this employer too? If so......why?!!!
Old Sep 7th 2005, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Application Question

Originally Posted by Muncles

I worked for a company as a chemist from 1996 to 2004 and therefore get the max points for this section of the points test. Before that I worked for 11 months in a related field but not applicable to the work experience I am claiming for.

Need to get references and details from ALL employers, not just the ones relating to the field of employment you have now. I think the rationale is to check that you're not just some lying scumbag who's just come out of 20 years in the Scrubs who's trying to blag their way into the country under false pretences!
Old Sep 7th 2005, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Muncles will become famous soon enoughMuncles will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TrishB
Need to get references and details from ALL employers, not just the ones relating to the field of employment you have now.
OK...I think. I'll have to find out if there is still anyone there who remembers me. If not then what? I note I can attach a document explaining why I can't obtain a reference. Any advice on what this should contain?

I can estimate start and end dates, salary and most other things they require, explain I don't have a copy of the contract anymore. Would this suffice?

How ALL is ALL? I've also had summer jobs as a student for a few months each but that will all be guesswork on my part. One too many of these over the years have affected my memory I guess. I guarantee they won't remember me - "slavedrivers" springs to mind!

Originally Posted by TrishB
I think the rationale is to check that you're not just some lying scumbag who's just come out of 20 years in the Scrubs who's trying to blag their way into the country under false pretences!
- LOL!

Hmmm...but isn't that what the police check is for? I guess all bureaucracy has its idiosyncracies!!

Last edited by Muncles; Sep 7th 2005 at 8:53 am.
Old Sep 7th 2005, 2:08 pm
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

I only supplied evidence for positions for which points could be awarded for. I have been with my current employer for over 4 years so that is enough to get full points. Before my current position I was employed in unrelated positions. I provided evidence for these positions not for the points but to add an air of adaptability and completeness.

My advice would be to include your older position(s) and give as much evidence as possible. However, don't stress if the evidence you send is not conclusive. I see that there is only a year's worth of experience (ie 1995 - 1996) that you need to cover as they are only interested in your experience in the past 10 years.
Old Sep 7th 2005, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

OK...I think. I'll have to find out if there is still anyone there who remembers me. If not then what? I note I can attach a document explaining why I can't obtain a reference. Any advice on what this should contain?

I can estimate start and end dates, salary and most other things they require, explain I don't have a copy of the contract anymore. Would this suffice?

How ALL is ALL? I've also had summer jobs as a student for a few months each but that will all be guesswork on my part. One too many of these over the years have affected my memory I guess. I guarantee they won't remember me - "slavedrivers" springs to mind!

- LOL!

Hmmm...but isn't that what the police check is for? I guess all bureaucracy has its idiosyncracies!!
We were'nt able to include all references - I work for the NHS and some of my workplaces were merged to form bigger trusts and have reconfigured again - I included a short paragraph explaining this. Also, a couple of companies my hubbie worked for no longer exist, so we explained that too. They have obviously accepted this as our PP are away to have visas put in them!
Just give as much detail/explanation as you can and set it all out in a logical format - the last thing you want is an increasingly irate immigration officer due to disorganised paperwork!!