PR application queries

Old May 10th 2018, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Curlygems is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR application queries

Hi

I am filling out my PR application after getting ITA yesterday. I have a couple of queries.
  1. With regards to previous names - I have reverted back to my maiden name after divorce but need to add in my married name - the fields relevant to this are former or other - I have put it as other for now, but wanted to check if this is accurate?
  2. with study - do they need my A-level and GCSE results as well? Or just my degree and masters that have been approved via WES?
  3. proof of funds - I have all the money and a lot more in an isa c33K CAD- do I just need to provide the financial info for that account, or all my accounts? I currently run a business so any personal debts I am going to pay off when I close that business so they won't be relevant anymore once I know the situation with the residency?
I have my medical already booked for the 22nd of this month, and am looking into actioning the police checks this week - need to get new passport photo taken to do this and then ask my current manager to be my reference point for that. Otherwise I just need to get the proof of funds information from nationwide and my references are already in progress.

Thank you in advance
Old May 10th 2018, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

jimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR application queries

1) I'd put other. You will get an opportunity on the next screen to explain the name changes.

2) Just the degree and masters. The rest aren't relevant at this stage.

3) Good luck with Nationwide, they aren't the most helpful, took us multiple trips and a lot of complaining to get it done, even then they didn't do it right, but it showed enough (we hope).. In regards to which accounts to show, it is my understanding you are meant to show all of them, so if that is at different banks, then be prepared for a headache lol - Just make sure that your saved money will still be above the threshold if the debt was paid off at that moment in time.

Last edited by jimmynoshoes; May 10th 2018 at 10:26 am.
Old May 10th 2018, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

thanks for your reply - yes I will add the notes around name in the other doc bit where I can add a file to explain bits.

excellent makes it much easier to just keep to those... so much stuff to add as it is.

hmmm maybe I will have to ask my mum to help get someone in the branch to do the paperwork for me if not... she works for nationwide but I prefer to keep her out of my financial side of things! haha... I'll try all routes first then go there if not. haha. hmmm I'll maybe pay myself a bit more to clear off some of it all this month to close a couple of them down. I just want to be rid of it asap and will be before I fly but just not necessarily by time I need to add all the docs in... I did think maybe as I know they will be cleared off by then not putting them on, but just send relating to all the nationwide accounts which is what I will still have then.
Old May 10th 2018, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

jimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond repute

The problem you could face by not including all finances is that a general credit check on you is likely to reveal those accounts, so you'd then be questioned on that, if not worse. I don't think anyone here knows what checks go on behind the scenes. I'd expect them to do their own checks on top of what we supply in any event.
It would be nice if IRCC would accept monthly income against any shortfall but sadly they don't. If you declare you are taking (for example) £9000, then you need to have £9000 available to you when you apply and when you get accepted. This takes into account debts/loans etc, so if you have £15000 but £8000 of debt, then you really only have £7000 in their eyes.

If your mum is able to do the paperwork for you for Nationwide, then I'd personally just ask her to do it, will save you a lot of hassle. Just get someone else to sign off on it so it isn't the same name as on your family list. Then again, perhaps your branch will be more cooperative. I have a thread on here that outlines our experience with local branch and head office, nothing but a headache. Heaven forbid you have a credit card with no balance. Impossible to provide evidence for apparently.

Last edited by jimmynoshoes; May 10th 2018 at 5:49 pm.
Old May 10th 2018, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

yeah that makes sense re the debts. I will have another two pay days in my account to my business which is my money so I will obviously supply that information, as I don't want to shut the business account down until I have left as I can still contract up til that point, so that is something which balances out the debts side of things. I have the medical at the end of may so maybe I will leave the full submission until end of June instead of trying to do quicker so I can clear off more and have more in the business account to balance everything out, so it is all way more than needed and way more than any debts, would rather have it show I am way above, will review everything properly tonight, as I did a spreadsheet earlier in year with it all, but haven't updated it with all the accurate information yet.

well I have closed unnecessary savings accounts today, so I have one isa, one e-savings and then my current account and credit card, so that hopefully will be ok with nationwide, I only have a tiny balance on the nationwide card but I will make sure I don't clear it completely if you have had issues... thanks for your help - I will read your post and make sure I am fully armed when I speak to them! haha

where are you hoping to move to?
Old May 11th 2018, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Not a problem. If you have other queries then feel free to ask.

Ideally, we'd like either Calgary or Ottawa regions, but will ultimately be determined by where my partner can get work over there. I'll likely go back to education once we have made the move so the credential is both recognised and relevant to them. At present I don't really have any. We did consider me doing a course here, but most are 2 years long, and we aim to be over with 12-18 months all being well.
Old May 31st 2018, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

thanks

How is your application going? I have almost collated all my paperwork now, I am showing all credit cards, current account and business account information - as that is my money as well as I am self employed. I am also going to write a note highlighting that I overpay on the debts each month and hope to have the majority clear by the time I am actually living in Canada. So I think that will also help.

I feel I was quite lucky with Nationwide as I asked the question via the online banking messaging bit and they actioned it straight away, which was unbelievable.

Its just the police check I am waiting for and I also need my business account to send a letter with details but as I only opened it all in October I have emails and things from that both invoices and payments I have made myself which I will submit for my work experience - along with my contract for where I am contracting at the moment and all the paperwork of me set up as a ltd company.

I hope you hear back soon regarding all your paperwork, hopefully it won't take too long,

Calgary or Ottawa will be amazing, I have had a lot of people mention Vancouver to me recently as a good place to go, but I will see when I get to actually job searching...

I am hoping that once my police check comes back next week