Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR application process start to finish-how long?

PR application process start to finish-how long?

Old Dec 30th 2004, 4:08 am
Just Joined

esperando enohio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR application process start to finish-how long?

Hello . . . I'm a US citizen, my husband is a Mexican citizen, we're considering immigrating to Canada temporarily (for a couple of years).

How long would it take, start to finish, to get a decision on PR visas? Also, could anyone tell me the liklihood of being approved? Don't hold back . . . I can take the truth

Thanks in advance for any advice . . .
Old Dec 30th 2004, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

Henok3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR application process start to finish-how long?

Originally Posted by esperando enohio
Hello . . . I'm a US citizen, my husband is a Mexican citizen, we're considering immigrating to Canada temporarily (for a couple of years).

How long would it take, start to finish, to get a decision on PR visas? Also, could anyone tell me the liklihood of being approved? Don't hold back . . . I can take the truth

Thanks in advance for any advice . . .
If you have enough points and can support the claimed qualifications with proper documents, are crime free, not a security or health threat to Canadians, you will most likely be approved. You just have to document everything. This is not necessarily difficult to do; just need dedication. Leave nothing to doubt with the application. There is talk of a changing pass park being applied retroactively; but I have never seen a definite answer as to which way the CIC decides to go in the event that the pass park goes back up. And get lucky...because there is not much certainity with immigration, every case is more or less unique. But I have seen on Yogi's site www.yogi799.com that most US citizens get their PR visa in just about a year, give and take a month or two. I don't know how your husband's citizenship affects your case.

Good luck.
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

goodgal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR application process start to finish-how long?

The time duration depends on various factors such as timeline of the post from where you have applied, In how many countries you have lived before? etc. Its different for different applicant and cannot be compared.

Liklihood of being approved depends on your points. Ofcourse if your points are more equal to or more than required then most probably you will get approved. This you can go to the site and find out how many points do you score according to your occupation, language skills ets.