Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR application in process in london... taking forever....

PR application in process in london... taking forever....

Old May 4th 2010, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

squnny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR application in process in london... taking forever....

Hi

I am new to this forum but I like what I see so far. I was wondering if I could get any worldly wise advice you may have to offer....
I am sponsoring my common law British husband for PR. I was approved for sponsorship and the application was sent to London and they started processing the file on November 3rd 2009. We have not heard anything since that point! Is that normal? I have looked at other posts and PR applications on average do not seem to take that long....I am extremely anxious!

Should I be worried?

Any help, advice encouragement would be greatly appreciated....

Cheers
Old May 4th 2010, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice
Default Re: PR application in process in london... taking forever....

Depending from your partner's nationality and background, as well as the background (and evidence supporting it) of relationship it may be too long, just right or you should brace yourself for a longer wait.

Sending case specific inquiry to CHC London (through webmail on CIC website) should at least bring some answers.
Old May 4th 2010, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the quick reply

I have sent an email to the London CIC today...so fingers crossed that we will hear something soon....the wait is driving me mad!!! the only reason I am concered is because so many others appear to have gotten thier approval in a short period of time...as far as I am concerned there is nothing overly complicated about our case....well I guess I will just have to focus on the virtue of patience

thanks Again
Old May 4th 2010, 3:16 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by squnny
thanks for the quick reply

I have sent an email to the London CIC today...so fingers crossed that we will hear something soon....the wait is driving me mad!!! the only reason I am concered is because so many others appear to have gotten thier approval in a short period of time...as far as I am concerned there is nothing overly complicated about our case....well I guess I will just have to focus on the virtue of patience

thanks Again
You may not get an answer as the average processing time for 80% of the spousal applications is 2-8 months, so you are still within the window.
Old May 4th 2010, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

thank you for the response i thought it was 2 to 8 months but the website in London says 6 months so I tried my luck

Cheers