PR Application Pending

Old Aug 9th 2022, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

mbirtchnell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Application Pending

Hi,

So my wife (Canadian by birth) and I are planning a move to Canada in November 2022. Travel is all booked but my PR application has been pending since February. I can see the processing times are up to 24 months currently. The PR application was made 'Outside Canada' as we are living together in the UK.

With November fast approaching and travel bought and paid for I'm wondering what's the best thing to do.

1. Can I travel to Canada in November with only one-way travel (I know I'm entitled to be a visitor for 180 days)? We will both be returning to the UK for a wedding in March 2023.
2. Would I need to amend my application to PR from inside Canada?
3. I will be continuing to work for a UK company remotely so from looking online I don't need a work permit or should I apply for one anyway?
4. My application status hasn't changed online but my account does show an option to apply for a PR card/travel document. I haven't applied yet as it says you use this option once you have PR status.

Regardless of what happens our stuff is being shipped along with our dog etc. If I have to return to the UK for a spell that's fine but I'm just trying to avoid any mistakes on our part.
Old Aug 11th 2022, 4:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Application Pending

2. You can't amend your application to an inland app, but no need to anyway, as outland spousal apps are 'dual intent'. So you can enter and stay in Canada whilst you wait for PR (see the Wiki info on dual intent apps).
3. You can't apply for a work permit, they're only possible with inland apps. And none needed as long as you're not taking a job away from a Canadian.
4. You can't get a PR card until you have PR.

HTH.
Old Aug 11th 2022, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

mbirtchnell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR Application Pending

Oh, amazing. I'll take a look at the wiki.

Thanks for replying!