Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR application medical and linking to GCKey

PR application medical and linking to GCKey

Old Jun 5th 2018, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

LizLon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR application medical and linking to GCKey

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to link my spousal sponsorship application to My GCKey for over a week and a half now. I've tried all the combinations with UCI and application number - no luck. I know this is a massive known issue but just wondering if anyone has any tips?

I have managed to get into our application on the CIC website and it's showing 'Decision Made' in regards to my sponsor application - I haven't received any correspondance to this effect (not that I would expect it though...) And when I click on 'In Process' next to my partners name it gives me:
  1. We received Thomas W's application for permanent residence on April 19, 2018.
  2. We sent Thomas W medical instructions on June 1, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
But he hasn't had anything from them at all. No emails, no post, nothing. Does anyone know if this should be expected via post or email? I'm worried that we are missing something from them.

Any help, as always is much appreciated! Thanks in advance

Last edited by Siouxie; Jun 6th 2018 at 5:54 pm. Reason: Edited to remove surname for privacy.+ attachment
Old Jun 5th 2018, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR application medical and linking to GCKey

Originally Posted by LizLon
Hi everyone,

I have been trying to link my spousal sponsorship application to My GCKey for over a week and a half now. I've tried all the combinations with UCI and application number - no luck. I know this is a massive known issue but just wondering if anyone has any tips?

I have managed to get into our application on the CIC website and it's showing 'Decision Made' in regards to my sponsor application - I haven't received any correspondance to this effect (not that I would expect it though...) And when I click on 'In Process' next to my partners name it gives me:
  1. We received Thomas W's application for permanent residence on April 19, 2018.
  2. We sent Thomas W medical instructions on June 1, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
But he hasn't had anything from them at all. No emails, no post, nothing. Does anyone know if this should be expected via post or email? I'm worried that we are missing something from them.

MyCIC / GC Key is notoriously difficult to link to. Have you spotted the wiki article on this here?:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa...ccess_MyCIC.3F

There is an example of one method of linking that a number of people have had success with (including me after 22 failed attempts!).

I would get on with getting the medical done immediately. Yes, he should have received an email (if he opted for this comms method on the papers) - has he checked his spam folder??

Last edited by Siouxie; Jun 5th 2018 at 12:41 pm. Reason: edited for surname.
Old Jun 5th 2018, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply. he has told me he's checked in every folder but I might ask him for his phone to do a search myself! I'm sure his email was on the application.

Is there a special form that we need for the medical? If they haven't sent it to us how do we get I?

and thanks I'll check out the wiki tomorrow when I have more attempts again!

Old Jun 5th 2018, 12:41 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I would strongly suggest removing the attachment; it's never a good idea to give the full name and surname on an online forum.

With regards to the medical instructions, it may come by email or it may come by normal mail. If the latter then 4 days is not that long, I would give it til the end of the week if you can. There is nothing to stop you from making an appointment with a Panel Physician in advance. You can read more about how to find one here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...cal-exams.html

Last edited by Siouxie; Jun 5th 2018 at 12:45 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2018, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone,

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I would strongly suggest removing the attachment; it's never a good idea to give the full name and surname on an online forum.

With regards to the medical instructions, it may come by email or it may come by normal mail. If the latter then 4 days is not that long, I would give it til the end of the week if you can. There is nothing to stop you from making an appointment with a Panel Physician in advance. You can read more about how to find one here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...cal-exams.html
thanks. hadn't thought about his name being on there! I can't delete it now on my phone!!!
Old Jun 6th 2018, 5:56 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

thanks. hadn't thought about his name being on there! I can't delete it now on my phone!!!

You are most welcome I managed to remove the attachment with his full name on for you.

Best of luck on your immigration journey
Old Jun 6th 2018, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You are most welcome I managed to remove the attachment with his full name on for you.

Best of luck on your immigration journey
thank you! I couldn't figure out how to do it! much appreciated xx