Wikiposts

PR application, last stages....

Old Jul 13th 2010, 6:27 am
Just Joined

Nettle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR application, last stages....

Hi, I have been Approved in Principle since last October, I have an open work permit, SIN number and Health card etc. I even have a job My 20 year old daughter is going to join me, my son is not. They are both still in England and they had their medicals. We have just been informed that the London, England office has done their bit and returned everything to Vegreville. I thought we were on the home straight, so I rang the helpline to see when I would hear something, and was told that everything has now been send to an Immigration officer who will go through it all to see that nothing has expired. They cannot tell me how long that will take. Does anyone know if this stage takes a long time? Once this is done everything is sent to London, Ontario and I will be called for an interview. At that time they will be able to give me an idea on how long it will take.

My daughter was hoping to come over in August for a month, and had hoped we would have her landed status by then. My bigger worry is that PR won't come through before the end of October, which is the one year since her medical.

It is difficult to arrange flights etc when we have no idea of timescale. Can anyone advise please?
Old Jul 14th 2010, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

admissiblebrit will become famous soon enough
Default Re: PR application, last stages....

sounds to me like you're at the "final review" stage mine went into final review and it took just under 5 weeks until i got decision made. It differs but in a straight forward app where the meds dont need a re do, and security and crim are all clear you should give it 4 or 5 weeks if you havent heard anything by then give them another call. But it shouldnt be too long now
Old Jul 14th 2010, 3:03 am
Just Joined

EleVatorJAy is an unknown quantity at this point

I must have been lucky, my PR went from approved (open WP, sin etc...) to interview in less than 3 weeks & had my PR card in 5. I knew this was all happening because when i went to get my temporary SIN number, the nice lady said, she shouldnt really tell me, but my application has all been complete and should be getting my letter through any day now & she would be seeing me soon when i return for my permanent no.
I would think you dont have long to wait now
Old Jul 14th 2010, 3:51 am
Just Joined

Thank you both for your replies, sounds like it wont be too long now
Old Jul 14th 2010, 5:05 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Nettle
Thank you both for your replies, sounds like it wont be too long now
It is not usually too long, except if the application is being processed in Mississauga, Etobicoke or Calgary, where the finalization of the application will drags out.
Old Jul 18th 2010, 12:43 am
Just Joined

*Update*

Only two days after my post above, I got a letter calling me for interview in two weeks!

I have to take my documents, sponsor, and final fee, and as I understand it, I will come out of there a permanent resident

Is this all very straightforward, or could something still go wong?

Will they have send my daughter her landing papers (she's in England) or will they do that after my interview?

We are still hoping she can come over mid August and get landed.
Old Jul 18th 2010, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice

I assume from your description that you are going through the in-Canada sponsorship process. Look here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...p/ip08-eng.pdf

page 12, section 5.11.

The one of main reasons (or maybe the only reason) why your case took so long is the fact of you applying through in-Canada process while your dependent child lives abroad. Sending your daughter's file to CHC London had to wait for approval in principle by Vegreville, then it was a low priority case for London. Now after you become a PR London will be notified about the fact and will likely take their time again to issue PR visa to your daughter.

If you have been sponsored through sponsorship from abroad route (even while being in Canada) you both would most likely have your PR visas already before the end of last year (2009). You've made the wrong choice of the application route.

Last edited by crazy72; Jul 18th 2010 at 1:59 am.