PR application - here we go again

Old Sep 4th 2021, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Sunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond repute
Smile PR application - here we go again

My PR application arrived in Sydney NS yesterday. Fingers crossed we've enclosed all the documents this time, let the waiting begin
Old Sep 4th 2021, 9:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR application - here we go again

Oh no, what did you miss last time? As long as you've included absolutely everything on the checklist you should be fine.

Good luck!
Old Sep 4th 2021, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Sunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Oh no, what did you miss last time? As long as you've included absolutely everything on the checklist you should be fine.

Good luck!
I didn't send police checks for my daughters who were both under 22 at first try back in November 2020, they aren't coming with me and I didn't read the forms correctly.

Fingers crossed this time, I am a bit concerned though, as CIC asked for police checks by their name. My eldest turned 22 in March this year so I've left her on as a dependent with a covering letter explaining things and gave sent them a copy of the letter they sent me. I just hope they don't reject my application with her being on the forms now she's older. I did think if I didn't include her, CIC would think "where's she gone?".

Time will tell......

Old Dec 15th 2021, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Quick update -

We received an email on the 16 Nov 2021 from CIC confirming receipt of my application (outland, spousal PR) on the 7 Sept 2021 and after a few attempts I managed to link the application to an account.
Biometrics request email was received on the 13 December, Medical report request received on the 14 December and the Sponsorship approval letter was in todays inbox.

So, I'm flying down to London to get biometrics done next week and the medical is arranged for early January and then we go from there .
Old Dec 25th 2021, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

DMajor is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got mine back on Thursday, took about 18 weeks for my single application.
In the meantime I had to visit the UK, fly to New York and drive across the border, it's the only route back
Old Dec 26th 2021, 3:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DMajor
Just got mine back on Thursday, took about 18 weeks for my single application.
In the meantime I had to visit the UK, fly to New York and drive across the border, it's the only route back
Got a feeling you might be talking about something different or have posted on the wrong thread! Was it a PR card application maybe?
Old Dec 30th 2021, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Got a feeling you might be talking about something different or have posted on the wrong thread! Was it a PR card application maybe?
Yes, maybe I posted on wrong thread.
Mine was a PR renewal.
It took 18 weeks but I had to leave Canada to visit the UK.
The PRTD option wasn't going to work for me as there are no guarantees how long the process takes.
Easier to fly back into the states and drive back with expired card and documentation to prove that PR renewal was in process
Old Dec 30th 2021, 6:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes, maybe I posted on wrong thread.
Mine was a PR renewal.
It took 18 weeks but I had to leave Canada to visit the UK.
The PRTD option wasn't going to work for me as there are no guarantees how long the process takes.
Easier to fly back into the states and drive back with expired card and documentation to prove that PR renewal was in process
Ah yes, different process and timescales then - OP is talking about an initial PR application rather than a PR card renewal.

Old Dec 30th 2021, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Ah yes, different process and timescales then - OP is talking about an initial PR application rather than a PR card renewal.
My apologies
Old Dec 30th 2021, 6:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

My apologies
No worries, just wanted to clarify as people might have got their hopes up thinking you got PR in just 18 weeks.
Old Dec 31st 2021, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: PR application - here we go again

No worries, just wanted to clarify as people might have got their hopes up thinking you got PR in just 18 weeks.
Ha ha, 18 weeks...If only