British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   PR application fail :-( (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/pr-application-fail-893953/)

Beckie and Morgan UK Mar 16th 2017 1:09 am

PR application fail :-(

Hey everyone,
A sad day at our place today....myself and my husband applied for PR just before xmas and thought we had checked everything with a fine toothcomb.Unfortunately on my husbands profile he failed to upload his police check abd uploaded a recommendation letter. He's currently sat with his hands in his head..is there anything at all we can do or are we back to square one?
Any help/advice/wine! Greatly appreciated!
Beckie and Morgan

Simon Legree Mar 16th 2017 5:14 am

Re: PR application fail :-(

Originally Posted by Beckie and Morgan UK (Post 12205729)
Hey everyone,
A sad day at our place today....myself and my husband applied for PR just before xmas and thought we had checked everything with a fine toothcomb.Unfortunately on my husbands profile he failed to upload his police check abd uploaded a recommendation letter. He's currently sat with his hands in his head..is there anything at all we can do or are we back to square one?
Beckie and Morgan

Maybe he should try putting his head in his hands instead. It just might feel a little better ! ;)

christmasoompa Mar 16th 2017 7:03 am

Sorry to hear this. How did you apply for PR?

You could try sending a case specific email with the documents that were missing and asking them to reopen your application. It's worth a try but if not then I'm afraid you'd have to reapply with a complete application.

Vulcanoid Mar 16th 2017 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Beckie and Morgan UK (Post 12205729)
Hey everyone,
Beckie and Morgan

Was this for your BC PNP applications? Has it been refused, or are you just using 'fail' to mean 'we fouled up'? If it was refused, was that at the BC level, or the CIC level?

Shakyuk Mar 16th 2017 3:51 pm

Is this what happens if they don't accept a document or there is a mistake? You just get failed with no recourse and opportunity for correction?

BristolUK Mar 16th 2017 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Shakyuk (Post 12206160)
Is this what happens if they don't accept a document or there is a mistake? You just get failed with no recourse and opportunity for correction?

I thought they just return the whole application if something is missing.

Vulcanoid Mar 16th 2017 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12206213)
I thought they just return the whole application if something is missing.

Or just ask for the missing thing.

OP could usefully clarify what 'fail' means in this context.

bc2015 Mar 16th 2017 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Shakyuk (Post 12206160)

For Express Entry, they tend to reject the application as incomplete. I believe this helps speed up processing time as it's faster for an agent to reject an application and then forget about it, than to go chasing for missing documents.

Snowy560 Mar 16th 2017 5:21 pm

If an Express Entry application does not meet R10 (the completeness check), it will be rejected as incomplete and fees refunded.

Beckie and Morgan UK Mar 16th 2017 5:59 pm

Refused at CIC level fail meaning we failed, we failed completely! Application incomplete just as Snowy said. Within minutes of receiving the email we sent a case specific email with the police check. I doubt this will be successful. Both our IELTS certs expired today so that's another problem in the mix.
I know what we need to do I just wish we had checked each file again and again...we got an email last week from CIC saying no further documents were required, no interview etc so we almost started getting exited. Like many others we have put everything into this but we messed up..just gotta suck it up and move on.

SchnookoLoly Mar 16th 2017 6:02 pm

Other streams are more lenient - spousal often just requests the missing piece instead of returning the whole app, they only return if something bigger like a signature is missing or something like that.

Vulcanoid Mar 16th 2017 6:08 pm

So sorry :( My experience was with the more lenient spousal stream. In that case yeah, you're starting from scratch. Virtual wine and real sympathy :/

Beckie and Morgan UK Mar 16th 2017 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12205820)
Sorry to hear this. How did you apply for PR?

You could try sending a case specific email with the documents that were missing and asking them to reopen your application. It's worth a try but if not then I'm afraid you'd have to reapply with a complete application.

Thankyou we did this immediately.I'm finding it hard because no one really understands the struggle apart from on here.The process takes it out of you emotionally! The amount of paperwork needed for Morgans nomination alone was mind boggling..his employer is extremely supportive though.

Beckie and Morgan UK Mar 16th 2017 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid (Post 12206348)
So sorry :( My experience was with the more lenient spousal stream. In that case yeah, you're starting from scratch. Virtual wine and real sympathy :/

Thankyou I just hope it may help others :-) :-(

Shakyuk Mar 16th 2017 6:42 pm

That is horribe! Got me scared now too! You're right there is a crazy amount of work involved in these applications. To reject outright like that is very harsh! I'm actually surprised Canada get so many immigrants when you consider how much work and money is involved in the process.