PR Application Advice

Old Mar 9th 2017, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Greenroyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Application Advice

Hello,

Looking for someone to answer a couple of questions if possible

I have 10 months remaining on my IEC visa and both myself and girlfriend are applying through her visa as she gets more points with a degree etc. She has been offered a new contract with her employer

I am currently on the lookout for work having left my previous employer after 11 months(should have done the 12) I completed over 1560 hours which is full time but have been told that we would need to submit a continuous 12 month period with ALL pay stubs is this correct?

Could I work for another employer maybe even agency work and this still count towards my full 12 months?

Hope somebody can help

Thanks
Old Mar 10th 2017, 12:54 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Application Advice

Originally Posted by Greenroyd
Hello,

Looking for someone to answer a couple of questions if possible

I have 10 months remaining on my IEC visa and both myself and girlfriend are applying through her visa as she gets more points with a degree etc. She has been offered a new contract with her employer

I am currently on the lookout for work having left my previous employer after 11 months(should have done the 12) I completed over 1560 hours which is full time but have been told that we would need to submit a continuous 12 month period with ALL pay stubs is this correct?

Could I work for another employer maybe even agency work and this still count towards my full 12 months?

Hope somebody can help

Thanks
Yes you can split the 12 months between two employers (I did this) but it has to be full time (30+ per week).

I'm not sure if agency work will count as it wouldn't be permanent. Saying that for 3 months at my current job, I was on a contract before becoming permanent and that was disclosed in my reference letter.
Old Mar 10th 2017, 6:37 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Yes you can split the 12 months between two employers (I did this) but it has to be full time (30+ per week).

I'm not sure if agency work will count as it wouldn't be permanent. Saying that for 3 months at my current job, I was on a contract before becoming permanent and that was disclosed in my reference letter.
1. Agency work is usually considered self employment.
Old Mar 10th 2017, 7:19 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Agency work is usually considered self employment.
So does that mean it counts towards the 12 months or not for the OP if they decide to do this
Old Mar 10th 2017, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Often the agency is the employer rather than you being self employed and it deals with all stuff like tax.

Self employed is like a contract for services when you're responsible for all your deductions, tax.

Self employment doesn't count for CEC.