PR App from UK, flying to Canada

Old Sep 26th 2011, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

spikeyjennings is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR App from UK, flying to Canada

Hello all,

I am hoping to finalise all documents for my PR application today and then mail it tomorrow.

However I also start a job in Canada on Monday (on a TWP), does anyone know if my application needs to reach Canada before I do since I am applying from the UK and not from within Canada?

Many thanks for any advice.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 9:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR App from UK, flying to Canada

No, even if you were living in Canada you can apply via the London visa office - you have the choice of using the visa office of the country you are living in (if you've been admitted for a year or more), or your home country. So no probs.

Good luck.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Thanks for your reply, that sounds great and would help the timing for sure.

My only concern would be on the front of the Spousal sponsor guide it says

"Family class sponsorship of a spouse, common law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child living outside Canada"

I read that to mean all the classes living outside Canada, is it just the dependent child, therefore if I was living in Canada it would still be the correct form.

My sponsor is my wife who is Canadian but living in the UK, if that makes any difference.

Thanks again
Old Sep 27th 2011, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Following on from previous post

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...-apply-how.asp

This is where I thought CIC were saying you dont have a choice on where to apply to it depends on where you live?

Is there another CIC page saying different?

Many thanks
Old Sep 27th 2011, 1:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spikeyjennings
Following on from previous post

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...-apply-how.asp

This is where I thought CIC were saying you dont have a choice on where to apply to it depends on where you live?

Is there another CIC page saying different?

Many thanks
Ah, see you didn't mention in your first post that you were going via spousal PR - as you are heading over on a TWP I just assumed you were applying with a job offer. Shouldn't have assumed I guess, but it's always helpful if you can give people the info when asking a question, as it is usually relevant.

In which case, ignore me completely, you can't choose your visa office. It'll be London as you are (presumably - another assumption!) be an outland application.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

My fault should have been more clear,

I believe both sides of the app, my wife to sponsor and my PR go to Mississauga to start with then they send on my PR to London to be reviewed.

We will see, I will try to get it in the mail tomorrow just in case they have an issue if they receive it after I arrive.

Thanks

Kim