Oh posties why?

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

HelloVancouver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oh posties why?

Okay, so this is what happened.

Last Tuesday my boyfriend's dad called to say that an A5 maple-leafed envelope had arrived at his house for us.

Really exciting as we did our medicals in September and had sent off our landing fee. It could be our passport request!

At the request of my OH, he put it in the post to us unopened on Wednesday. It went in normal post, not special or recorded.

Still hasn't arrived. The postal strikes are over and every other bill and bit of junk mail has managed to reach us.

Any advice? Give it more time? Email the embassy?
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:07 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Oh posties why?

Never, ever use regular mail, not even registered mail, for such important documents.

Always use reliable courier service, we are all too poor to use cheap, unreliable postal service. You know what they say... - you always get only what you paid for...

For now give it another week or two, they need to catch up with backlog after the strike anyway.

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Oct 23rd 2007 at 1:09 pm.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:26 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Is this in the UK within the UK? Give it another day or two.

The UK postal service is more than reliable enough for this, much more so than courier services which are practically unused by non-businesses in the UK. The average person doesn't really have any access to courier services, and most courier services won't deal with average members of the public anyway if you don't have an account with them. No the normal post in the UK is far and away the best option for this sort of thing. I know it's different in Canada/US etc, but in the UK it is the best.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by HelloVancouver
Okay, so this is what happened.

Last Tuesday my boyfriend's dad called to say that an A5 maple-leafed envelope had arrived at his house for us.

Really exciting as we did our medicals in September and had sent off our landing fee. It could be our passport request!

At the request of my OH, he put it in the post to us unopened on Wednesday. It went in normal post, not special or recorded.

Still hasn't arrived. The postal strikes are over and every other bill and bit of junk mail has managed to reach us.

Any advice? Give it more time? Email the embassy?
Just a thought, did they put it in a bigger envelope, size matters now and my mum posted card for my sons birthday in a bigger envelope and it did not arrive on his birthday, and few days later note in letter box to say needed picking up at post office as extra to pay....this was due to envelope size.
(had our meds in sept and got our PPR last Monday) Good luck.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Thanks so much for all the replies.

I'm happy to say the panic is over

Got a email from my OH saying that's it's arrived.

We'll open it when I get back from work tonight.

Just hope it's good news
Old Oct 24th 2007, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

thedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by HelloVancouver
Thanks so much for all the replies.

I'm happy to say the panic is over

Got a email from my OH saying that's it's arrived.

We'll open it when I get back from work tonight.

Just hope it's good news
Hi there,

Thats great news, this whole process makes us all paranoid but it usually comes good in the end.
Just out of curiousity when in September did you have your meds? We had our on the 3rd of September so hopefully we will here very soon too.
Fingers crossed as we really want to be out in NS for christmas.

Thanks Julie
Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

We had ours September 6th in Bristol (2 of us, me and OH) and the letter from embassy arrived just over a week a ago.

Yours should arrive any day now I reckon