PR Advice

Old Feb 21st 2012, 1:11 pm
Account Closed

Top Cat is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile PR Advice

I’m asking for advice as we are in a bit of a mess with our Visa’s.

We first applied for our PR Visa’s in 2006 and received them quite quickly. We activated them in January 2007 but weren’t ready to make the move.
We then returned back to Canada at the end of 2007 for a 3-month period as my wife fell pregnant and together we were advised to have the baby in Canada to save the whole visa nightmare.
A short time later we returned back to the Uk with our little boy who had his own Canadian Passport.

In 2010 we were faced with the decision to move or stay in the UK as the time constraints that come with a PR Visa we needed to make the move by April 2010 or we would not be able to for fill the criteria.
We moved in March and I found some work however due to the economic issues in Canada and pretty much around most of the world we couldn’t earn enough to get by and found ourselves backed into a corner, either stay and spend the 10% deposit we had left to purchase a house on our rental property or return to the UK.
We both thought long and hard and together chose to head back as we couldn’t see the employment market picking up anytime soon and we had our two children to consider.

We have now been back in the UK for 18 months and still think back to our time in Canada and although it cost us around £15,000 we have no regrets. The people we met were great, my daughter loved school and quickly made friends and life was great. I think the only things that we didn’t plan for which was what let us down was the very poor exchange rate being $1.49 to the pound and we didn’t have jobs for when we landed.
If we had found work then we would never have returned.

Now for the question….

Our PR Visa’s expired January 1012 and as a family we have only spent around 238 days in Canada since activating our visa’s in January 2007.
My little boy has his own Canadian Passport however would my wife, my daughter and me have to start the whole visa application again? We did have sound reasons for returning and still have a vested interest in Canada with our son being duel citizen. We would love to move back permanently but before we start looking into work and time scales we need to establish where we stand with our Visa’s.

Can anyone help or put us onto anyone who can.

Thanks