PR activation

Old May 28th 2012, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR activation

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
We landed at Coutts too, ours was just as easy - Congratulations, it's a relief isn't it?
Thanks Piff Poff
it certainly is a relief
Old May 28th 2012, 3:34 am
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Many Congrats Mad Jockette, glad it all went well for you and you got back safely.

Sounds like you had the same miserable old American Border Guard we had 2 days earlier And yes we waited 20 minutes whilst one other couple were dealt with and there were at least 6 members of staff on duty. In the Canadian Building of course everyone was helpful and cheerful!

Won't use Coutts again, will cross elsewhere next time.
Old May 28th 2012, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats
Old May 28th 2012, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arty
Congrats
Many thanks
Old Jul 18th 2012, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

twctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nice

Hello. I have a friend here in Vancouver that is currently awaiting the final stages of her PR application. She is unable to enter the US due to previously overstaying her US work visa, but I was wondering if she would still be able to flagpole at Peace Arch? I understand that she has not had to disclose any information regarding not being able to enter the US as part of her Canadian PR application, and that given you do not enter the US when one flagpoles, would the US authorities highlight this point when they send her back to the CBSA? It's either flagpoling or a trip to Mexico....

Many thanks.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 10:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twctopcat
Hello. I have a friend here in Vancouver that is currently awaiting the final stages of her PR application. She is unable to enter the US due to previously overstaying her US work visa, but I was wondering if she would still be able to flagpole at Peace Arch? I understand that she has not had to disclose any information regarding not being able to enter the US as part of her Canadian PR application, and that given you do not enter the US when one flagpoles, would the US authorities highlight this point when they send her back to the CBSA? It's either flagpoling or a trip to Mexico....

Many thanks.
If she asks the US CBP at the Peace Arch to give her an administrative refusal they will give her a document to give to CBSA. She just needs to tell them that she wants to flagpole. Its no big deal in the end.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

twctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nice

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
If she asks the US CBP at the Peace Arch to give her an administrative refusal they will give her a document to give to CBSA. She just needs to tell them that she wants to flagpole. Its no big deal in the end.
Ok great, thanks. I have flagpoled myself, but just wasn't sure how much the US CBP would pry and point anything out to the CBSA regarding her US immigration history that the CBSA may then be suspicious about.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 10:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twctopcat
Ok great, thanks. I have flagpoled myself, but just wasn't sure how much the US CBP would pry and point anything out to the CBSA regarding her US immigration history that the CBSA may then be suspicious about.
We both share info but in this case CBSA wouldnt be interested in her overstay as she is becoming a PR. Now if she had been detained on suspicion of drug possession or something else then we would be.