PR Activated! A query re:PR cards

Old Jul 21st 2010, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

maggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of light
Default PR Activated! A query re:PR cards

Well, after 7 long years waiting (Ok, we had another baby that slowed things down a bit!), we finally activated our visas at Ottawa!!

The process was speedy and trouble free - no proof of funds requested, all they did was take our goods accompanying and goods to follow lists and ask us to sign bits and bobs. That was it, all done in about 30 minutes. For the next fortnight we kept looking at each other in disbelief saying "we don't have to go back!" a weird and wonderful feeling

However, the immigration officer did state that we needed to provide a Canadian address for our PR cards to be sent to and that the process would take about 5-6 weeks. Then said that we would need to sign for them personally and that someone else signing wouldn't be acceptable. Well, like so many we weren't staying on that trip, and are now back in England. We plan to have the cards sent to our friend's Canadian address and they'll send them over to us. I know lots have done this with no problem, but it was the "sign for them yourselves" bit that's worrying us, they'll know we've left the country. Any thoughts please?

Thanks in advance,
Maggie
Old Jul 21st 2010, 8:12 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Activated! A query re:PR cards

Unless things have changed in the last few years you don't need to sign for them at all

They come regular mail

So no problem
Old Jul 21st 2010, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

maggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of light

Pheww! Thank you Zoe. Panicked a bit thinking that maybe they've changed the rules!
Old Jul 21st 2010, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Congratulations on landing. You don't need to sign for the card. I did the same in March, when I landed in Vancouver and returned. The card arrived mid April at the address of the virtual office. No signature was needed. The virtual office FedEx'ed the card to me to the UK. So don't worry about the 'sign for them yourself' bit.

Ray
Old Jul 21st 2010, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

7 years! I can't even imagine having that level of patience congratulations

Good luck and I hope you get the cards ok!
Old Jul 21st 2010, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

tommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nice

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Unless things have changed in the last few years you don't need to sign for them at all

They come regular mail

So no problem
I received ours about 3 weeks ago and they just came in regular mail - no signature required. Also, got them in 10 days - so I am still in Halifax as I thought I would have to wait 5-6 weeks