Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PPRs: Anyone chewing the furniture yet?

Wikiposts

PPRs: Anyone chewing the furniture yet?

Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of
Default PPRs: Anyone chewing the furniture yet?

It's not often I post one like this but I just want to know we're not alone.

We had our meds request on 30th June and had our medicals in London on 12th July. The results were fine and were sent by courier to CHC on 16th July.

CHC told us that it could take between 2-3 months before we hear. Our lawyers have said 3-5 months. We are guessing the CHC staff are having a (well-deserved) holiday.

The worst thing to do is look at others' timelines (getting PPR ranging from 3 to 6 weeks).

So, we've climbed the walls and now we've started on the furniture. Anyone else on medication?

Still smiling (just).

Simon & Laura
Old Aug 29th 2007, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

pbailey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PPRs: Anyone chewing the furniture yet?

Originally Posted by simon876

We had our meds request on 30th June and had our medicals in London on 12th July. The results were fine and were sent by courier to CHC on 16th July.

CHC told us that it could take between 2-3 months before we hear. Our lawyers have said 3-5 months. We are guessing the CHC staff are having a (well-deserved) holiday.

The worst thing to do is look at others' timelines (getting PPR ranging from 3 to 6 weeks).

So, we've climbed the walls and now we've started on the furniture. Anyone else on medication?

Still smiling (just).

Simon & Laura
Hi Simon and Laura,
We did our meds on 5th June, they wanted extra info on our daughter which we sent registerd post 25th July, still waiting to hear, just to tell you that I think that their staffing is probably low at mo as we have just had a bank hol plus it's labour day for them next Monday which they have as well, so probably a lot on their hols. Climbing furniture, we are now the spider family!!! The worst of it is that every day someone always says "have you heard yet?"
Still as my dad keeps saying to me "patience is a virtue" I am extremely virtuous now!!
Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:41 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Still smiling (just).

Simon & Laura
Simon this indeed is not like you....but very understandable. Would you like me to send you some nice food over to save the furniture?

Keep hanging in there in quiet desperation
Old Aug 29th 2007, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: PPRs: Anyone chewing the furniture yet?

Still smiling (just).

Simon & Laura

Hi,
We know just how you feel, hold on it will all happen.
We had our second lot of meds done (first set timed out!), 15-05-7, sent to London 29-05-07; we received back the PPR 07-08-07 = 10 weeks of agonising wait; but now we have sent back the passports and are waiting for the visa return to book flights.
Our UK home has sold and the builder in Ontario has given us a completion date; all this happened in one week
So be prepared for the rollercoaster to start.
Good luck.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Alvic
Would you like me to send you some nice food over to save the furniture?
Hi Alvic,
Very good - made me laugh, thanks.

We've got down to hand-to-hand combat with the woodworm and moths. It's kill or be killed here.

Life on the edge......
Old Aug 29th 2007, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by manghams
Hi,
We know just how you feel, hold on it will all happen.
We had our second lot of meds done (first set timed out!), 15-05-7, sent to London 29-05-07; we received back the PPR 07-08-07 = 10 weeks of agonising wait;
Blimey, 10 weeks! Respect.

I'll wind my neck in then and go back to shouting at the guinea pig.

Mad Max
Old Aug 30th 2007, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by pbailey
The worst of it is that every day someone always says "have you heard yet?"
Oh don't we know it? It's amazing how good you get at speaking through gritted teef.

I think I'll go for a nice long bike ride tonight (again)

Simon
Old Aug 30th 2007, 7:08 am
Sutton On

QPRanger is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh don't we know it? It's amazing how good you get at speaking through gritted teef.

I think I'll go for a nice long bike ride tonight (again)

Simon
Hang on in there, I'm sure it'll happen soon!!
Old Aug 30th 2007, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Still smiling (just).

Simon & Laura
We are too, meds june 19th sent july 12th and still waiting. we dont know if our meds were ok though as the Dr was a shit

keep taking the tabs
Old Aug 30th 2007, 9:04 am
Just Joined

AlreetJim is an unknown quantity at this point

Still waiting here too -

Meds done 23 May, cocked up payment of RPRF (lost in post), now sorted out I think,

Heard back by email that our PPR may be on the way, maybe, if they are not too busy seducing the canine......I hear the London office get both UK and Canadian holidays.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

ladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to behold

We're still waiting

Meds done June 1st, no problems, submitted a couple of weeks later. Finally got confirmation last week by email that PPRs were in the post.... yet to appear.

In the meantime.... work permits run out TOMORROW We applied for new ones 3 weeks ago, after removing heads from sand (stumping up more cash) and realising we would not be getting visas on time. No word about new work permits (despite my begging letter - that didn't work then ).

Will we be illegal immigrants by Saturday?????
Old Aug 30th 2007, 1:02 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Still smiling (just).

Simon & Laura
Keep smiling, It wont be long so hang in there

Eddie

Last edited by Voyager970; Aug 30th 2007 at 1:06 pm. Reason: Canny spell as usual !!!
Old Aug 30th 2007, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manghams
So be prepared for the rollercoaster to start.
Good luck everyone - you're nearly there. Really !

Seriously though, soon as that visa arrives, the pooh really hits the wotsit!

You go from virtually hysterical and ready to snog the postman (then hopefully you get fairly drunk that night) and then a couple of days later, you think "Oh my God" I've got no time to do X, Y & Z" after having spent the last few months not actually able or willing to finalise too many things.

Eee, it's a right larf, this emigrating lark
Old Aug 30th 2007, 2:35 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

ok, how was that? i decided to not read any ppr-thread until i get my own ppr. and here i am, posting in a ppr-thread - without having my own lettre recieved yet.

well, i'm into week 10 after "medicals sent" now. i know, rather on the short end of the timeline... but 9 out of 10 pnp-cases processed in seattle (at least the ones i know of) took less than that.

ladymoose, afaik you are on implied status now. read post #24 in this thread, please.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

ladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to behold

Thanks lof - didn't realise this - was expecting a knock at the door any second

Does seem like there's a slowdown on issuing the PPRs at the moment - across the board as well - ours are due from Buffalo. Oh well, I guess everyone's on holiday!

Thanks again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.