Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PPR - You'll never guessed who just rang me!!

Wikiposts

PPR - You'll never guessed who just rang me!!

Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:09 am
Sutton On

QPRanger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PPR - You'll never guessed who just rang me!!

I have to say we have flown Air Transat every time we've been to Toronto over the last 4 years & have never had so much of a hiccup with them.
Been looking at prices & up to Nov 13 some of their flights are £43 before you add the rip off taxes.

The only time we were late with them was when pearson airport closed due a massive thunder storm as we were landing & we got diverted to Ottawa as did every flight for several hours, got in 4 hrs late but hardly their fault.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by simon876

From our pov we were fairly happy with them but decided to go for Zoom on our 'landing' flight - simply as we don't want our big day spoiled (or have the potential for spoiling).

In the end it's up to you.

Simon
Go on pay for the private jet!!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: PPR - You'll never guessed who just rang me!!

[QUOTE=simon876;5298303][quote=manghams;5298145]

Hi Folks,

If you have not used Globespan before, they come with an advisory!!

Thanks for the link - read it.
We did fly with Globespan in April, I agree with the no frills but when you travel as a party of 6 to be 7 when we land - costs are important.
Like you we found the staff very helpful, again good when travelling with small children.
Glad I read the link, I was unsure if we could land via Hamilton.
Fingers crossed cause I think we will have to use Globespan, mainly as the difference in cost will allow us a bigger hirer car; 4-5 hours drive south to Windsor.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: PPR - You'll never guessed who just rang me!!

Originally Posted by QPRanger
The only time we were late with them was when pearson airport closed due a massive thunder storm as we were landing & we got diverted to Ottawa as did every flight for several hours, got in 4 hrs late but hardly their fault.
Thats the only time we have used Transat, we were on the ground due to fly out; we were delayed 9 hours!! Airport closed no one in - no one out and no information given to anyone. Tim Hortons ran out of coffee. :curse:
Old Sep 11th 2007, 10:19 am
Sutton On

QPRanger is an unknown quantity at this point

But that wasnt transats fault weather was the worst Ive ever approached an airport in, roads & bridges got washed away even the people who were picking us up had never seen anything like it & they were canadians in their fifties who had seen a bit of canadian weather in their time.The airport were the ones holding back info though from what we could see they hadnt a clue what was going on.

The car hire companies were hit as well as a lot of americans drove to hamilton & other local airports to get back to the US so there were no hire cars at the airport took 3 hours to get our prebooked car.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by manghams
Tim Hortons ran out of coffee. :curse:
There was some good news then?
Old Sep 11th 2007, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cneldred
Go on pay for the private jet!!
It's all very well for you wealthy ones to egg us youngsters on. Money doesn't come easily when you have a body like mine.

I quite like the idea of pie and chips though.

Simon
Old Sep 11th 2007, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

simon what are you trying to say, i am only 33!!! not like i joined the pipe and slippers brigade yet.

Chris
Old Sep 11th 2007, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon what are you trying to say, i am only 33!!! not like i joined the pipe and slippers brigade yet.

Chris
Only 33?? Hah!

I remember Fireball XL5, Stingray, Supercar (First time around).

I'll get me coat...

Simon (in denial) 876
Old Sep 11th 2007, 8:40 pm
Mr McGoo

Location: Wiltshire, Switzerland, Reading, Snug Cove BC - all in one year!
mrmcgoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Only 33?? Hah!

I remember Fireball XL5, Stingray, Supercar (First time around).

I'll get me coat...

Simon (in denial) 876
And I thought I was old! I haven't even heard of Fireball XL5, I assumed it was a new internet browser ... oops geekness alert!
I'll join you, just get me anorak!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mrmcgoo
And I thought I was old! I haven't even heard of Fireball XL5, I assumed it was a new internet browser ... oops geekness alert!
I'll join you, just get me anorak!
Yeah, right!

For those who missed the greatest TV era.....

http://www.televisionheaven.co.uk/fireball.htm

You know, when computers were the size of whole buildings and had the memory of a digital watch.

Hee hee.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:08 am
Mr McGoo

Location: Wiltshire, Switzerland, Reading, Snug Cove BC - all in one year!
mrmcgoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, right!

For those who missed the greatest TV era.....

http://www.televisionheaven.co.uk/fireball.htm

You know, when computers were the size of whole buildings and had the memory of a digital watch.

Hee hee.
Ha! You must be a number of years older than me, I wasn't born in 1963
First show's I remember are Captain Scarlet and Banana Splits ... Na Na Na, Na-n-Na Nah
Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mrmcgoo
Ha! You must be a number of years older than me, I wasn't born in 1963
First show's I remember are Captain Scarlet and Banana Splits ... Na Na Na, Na-n-Na Nah
Never mind my lad. Oh, the impertinence of youth.

You'll be telling me that you don't remember rationing next.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Simon, this bike you keep going out on you aren't getting it mixed up with one of those mobility scooters for old people are you??
Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Simon, this bike you keep going out on you aren't getting it mixed up with one of those mobility scooters for old people are you??
Nah. The only whining I get from my bike is me complaining I haven't got my visa yet.

You cheeky sod.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.