Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PPR - You'll never guessed who just rang me!!

Wikiposts

PPR - You'll never guessed who just rang me!!

Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:40 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PPR - You'll never guessed who just rang me!!

Originally Posted by simon876
So there I was, having a bit of lunch after my bike ride (day off, see) and the 'phone rang.

"Bloody Hell" says I, "I can't have a bit 'o lunch without being disturbed."

"Hello" says a North American voice. "This is the Canadian High Commission in London. I'm responding to your email query and I just wanted to let you know that I will be sending out your requests for passports today. Congratulations, this is the last step in your application."

"Er, thanks." (not usually lost for words)

"You're welcome. have a nice day" (honestly, he really said that)

YAHOO!!

Simon
Congratulations. I found out via email August 25th 2005 and we moved to NB Nov 5th 2005. I still love it here and even after a trip back for a family wedding I managed to get the family to agree we like being here. I have been adding my written journal onto a blog with some of our early experiences for lessons learned note (check the archives). It looks like i havent entered anything since beginning of this year but I am still adding in the details and hope to be caught up by the end of the month.

:~)
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

excellent news simon & laura!!

hope you had a great weekend in eastbourne, mmmm... fish'n'chips & champers on the beach
Old Sep 9th 2007, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Haaaaa congrates to you both and all.

Well done, keep posting on your journey, because the best bit has just begun fella's

take care and good luck,
regards,
All the Gibbo's
Old Sep 9th 2007, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

So there I was, having a bit of lunch after my bike ride (day off, see) and the 'phone rang.

"Hello" says a North American voice. "This is the Canadian High Commission in London. I'm responding to your email query and I just wanted to let you know that I will be sending out your requests for passports today. Congratulations, this is the last step in your application."

YAHOO!!

Simon
Congratulations Simon and Laura - knew that your time would come
Old Sep 9th 2007, 9:13 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

YAHOO!!

Simon
Congratulations, so pleased for you
Terese
Old Sep 10th 2007, 12:00 am
Vancouver...one day

Rasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant future

Whhhooo, Congratulations!!! Super happy for you

Last edited by Rasputin; Sep 10th 2007 at 12:25 am.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

OH WOW - AT LONG BL**DY LAST

I've been waiting and waiting to hear this good news Simon. Am so excited for you all now.

How quickly can you go?

What a relief to finally not have to worry about the 'have we' or 'haven't we got in' scenario anymore.

Look forward to hearing of your progress so hope you will stick with us on BE even after you do go.

<<<<Big>>>> hugs of excited congratulations to you all
Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
How quickly can you go?
At this stage we are waiting for the PPR letter to arrive, but as we have done much of the preparation already, our departure could be a little as just four weeks away.

Watch this space...

Still smiling.

Simon & Laura
Old Sep 10th 2007, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

Snap we are leaving the week of 20th October, can't blood wait.

Checked out Canadian Affair for the first time today, couldn't believe how good their prices are. Won't be using BA anymore, plus means we get to avoid Heathrow, i can't stand that place, just so stressful.

How did that champagne go down? We got a nice big magnum in the post for when them passports come back.

All the best Simon, next couple of weeks gonna fly by, so much to do so little time.

Chris
Old Sep 10th 2007, 10:08 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cneldred
Snap we are leaving the week of 20th October, can't blood wait.

Checked out Canadian Affair for the first time today, couldn't believe how good their prices are. Won't be using BA anymore, plus means we get to avoid Heathrow, i can't stand that place, just so stressful.

How did that champagne go down? We got a nice big magnum in the post for when them passports come back.

All the best Simon, next couple of weeks gonna fly by, so much to do so little time.

Chris
In May next year Canadian Affair will have direct flights to Fredericton NB too. Although I would check when their last flight is for the summer if you are planning to land at Halifax because they dont land there in the winter.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 10:14 am
Mr McGoo

Location: Wiltshire, Switzerland, Reading, Snug Cove BC - all in one year!
mrmcgoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Canadian Affair are good (well I've only bought tickets so far, so I may be a little premature with my praise!), I actually went via www.kayak.co.uk - get the spelling right, there is a fake site if you get it wrong.

Kayak allows you to see prices across a range of dates so you can pick the best. It then just forwards you to the relevant site.

We could have got our family of 4 to Vancouver, direct next month for £800 all in! Because of that, I decided to "treat" the family to an upgrade. Premier class will cost £1360 all in one way. This is still pretty good. BA would have been well over £2000. Alternatively, we could have got flights for £7,700 each on a private jet - but I had to draw the line somewhere

Cheers
Chris
Old Sep 10th 2007, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mrmcgoo
Canadian Affair are good (well I've only bought tickets so far, so I may be a little premature with my praise!), I actually went via www.kayak.co.uk - get the spelling right, there is a fake site if you get it wrong.

Kayak allows you to see prices across a range of dates so you can pick the best. It then just forwards you to the relevant site.

We could have got our family of 4 to Vancouver, direct next month for £800 all in! Because of that, I decided to "treat" the family to an upgrade. Premier class will cost £1360 all in one way. This is still pretty good. BA would have been well over £2000. Alternatively, we could have got flights for £7,700 each on a private jet - but I had to draw the line somewhere

Cheers
Chris
Hi Chris,

I looked at the Kayak site and they didn't seem to show Zoom at all. We plan to use zoom as we have a discount code through Muchmor Magazine. We have been quoted £1100 single for four of us in Premium class.

Hmmm. Private jet eh? There's posh isn't it?

Simon
Old Sep 10th 2007, 11:50 pm
Mr McGoo

Location: Wiltshire, Switzerland, Reading, Snug Cove BC - all in one year!
mrmcgoo is an unknown quantity at this point

I have seen Zoom on there before, although they were never the cheapest.

Maybe Zoom don't want to be on it anymore, presumably they have to pay Kayak?

As for "Posh", naturally we've gone for the Premier Upgrade
One has to make the right impression when arriving in a new country.
Doesn't one?

Probably means we get Quiche, Salad and Wine instead of Pie, Chips and Beer ... damn it, do you think I can downgrade?

à votre santé (posh for "cheers"!)
Chris

Last edited by mrmcgoo; Sep 10th 2007 at 11:53 pm.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: PPR - You'll never guessed who just rang me!!

[QUOTE=mrmcgoo;5297782]I have seen Zoom on there before, although they were never the cheapest.

I have been watching flight costs for the last six weeks; the best we can do Manchester to Toronto is Globespan; their upgrade is cheaper than Transat, Canadian Affair or Zoom at economy. Just hope the visa comes soon!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

[quote=manghams;5298145]
Originally Posted by mrmcgoo
I have seen Zoom on there before, although they were never the cheapest.

I have been watching flight costs for the last six weeks; the best we can do Manchester to Toronto is Globespan; their upgrade is cheaper than Transat, Canadian Affair or Zoom at economy. Just hope the visa comes soon!
Hi Folks,

If you have not used Globespan before, they come with an advisory!!

As a relatively new outfit to England (they are quite big in Scotland) they tend to sail a little close to the wind. There have been a number of posts regarding them on the forum. E.G. http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=globespan

I guess you pays your money and you takes your chance. From our pov we were fairly happy with them but decided to go for Zoom on our 'landing' flight - simply as we don't want our big day spoiled (or have the potential for spoiling).

In the end it's up to you.

Simon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.