Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PPR - You'll never guessed who just rang me!!

Wikiposts

PPR - You'll never guessed who just rang me!!

Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of
Default PPR - You'll never guessed who just rang me!!

So there I was, having a bit of lunch after my bike ride (day off, see) and the 'phone rang.

"Bloody Hell" says I, "I can't have a bit 'o lunch without being disturbed."

"Hello" says a North American voice. "This is the Canadian High Commission in London. I'm responding to your email query and I just wanted to let you know that I will be sending out your requests for passports today. Congratulations, this is the last step in your application."

"Er, thanks." (not usually lost for words)

"You're welcome. have a nice day" (honestly, he really said that)

YAHOO!!

Simon
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:08 am
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PPR - You'll never guessed who just rang me!!

Originally Posted by simon876
So there I was, having a bit of lunch after my bike ride (day off, see) and the 'phone rang.

"Hello" says a North American voice. "This is the Canadian High Commission in London. I'm responding to your email query and I just wanted to let you know that I will be sending out your requests for passports today. Congratulations, this is the last step in your application."

YAHOO!!

Simon

I know the feeling. i found out about my +LMO today.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:10 am
Mr McGoo

Location: Wiltshire, Switzerland, Reading, Snug Cove BC - all in one year!
mrmcgoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done mate!!

You might just make Canada before you make the Looney Bin now

Cheers
Chris
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:13 am
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mrmcgoo
Well done mate!!

You might just make Canada before you make the Looney Bin now

Cheers
Chris
Thanks Chris.

We should be able to get to CHC next Thursday.

I can feel the (in)sanity slipping away now..... gibber, gibber.

Captain Pugwash
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:19 am
Sutton On

QPRanger is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done just goes to show you never know, just when you think its all stopped bang, you'll be busy now i expect .

We have been waiting for your post announcing this as we are approx 4 weeks behind you lets hope they get a move on now holiday season is over.
We emailed them yesterday & got a reply back that it takes up to 4 weeks for the officer to review the case after medicals so we will now have our eyeballs superglued to the screen for emails & fingers permanently curled round the phone.

Off to wembley to watch England tomorrow as we wanted to go before we leave that should take our minds off it.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by QPRanger
Off to wembley to watch England tomorrow as we wanted to go before we leave that should take our minds off it.
Fingers crossed for you getting PPR soon.

Big Israel fans are you??

Simon
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

oxon5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Simon

Congratulations on getting the PPR.

Good luck for the future.

Kevin
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

pixieelvis is an unknown quantity at this point

Fingers crossed for you getting PPR soon.

Big Israel fans are you??

Simon
Congratulations Simon as my other half said we have been eagerly awaiting your post,hope it's not too long for us now we were hoping to head out mid November, nice to see you still have a GSOH after this long waiting game, although we may as well be the way the England team is looking
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Yahoo indeed - you'all have a nice day now, y'hear
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

thedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud of

YAHOO!!

Simon
Hi Simon,

Just wanted to say a big well done. You have a similar timeframe to us we have a Dec 04 AOR we just had our meds on Tuesday so I am hoping the next stage happens soon all you seem to do is wait isn't it? At least your friends will know you are going now I am sure people think we are joking they keep saying I thought you were moving to Canada. It gets quite frustrating explaining the delays all the time. But not for you, your defo on your way. Once again well done and the very best of luck.
Julie
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

~*~*~ congratulations~*~*~*~
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

YAHOO!!

Simon
Well done, I'm really happy for you.

Karla x x x
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:55 am
Mr McGoo

Location: Wiltshire, Switzerland, Reading, Snug Cove BC - all in one year!
mrmcgoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by QPRanger
Well done just goes to show you never know, just when you think its all stopped bang, you'll be busy now i expect .

We have been waiting for your post announcing this as we are approx 4 weeks behind you lets hope they get a move on now holiday season is over.
We emailed them yesterday & got a reply back that it takes up to 4 weeks for the officer to review the case after medicals so we will now have our eyeballs superglued to the screen for emails & fingers permanently curled round the phone.

Just so you know, it took 8 weeks from medicals to PPR for us. So don't panic after the 4 weeks!

Cheers
Chris
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mrmcgoo
Just so you know, it took 8 weeks from medicals to PPR for us. So don't panic after the 4 weeks!

Cheers
Chris
That's right. Our 8 weeks would have been up on Monday.

We're off to Eastbourne for the weekend - now to say ta,ta to the folks.

Stick of rock anyone?
Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: PPR - You'll never guessed who just rang me!!

Simon
[F]Some nasty shocks have a really nice ring to them![/FONT]
Congrats - hope all is plain sailing now.
Posted our passports 29th/08/07, , so the waiting isn't over yet!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.