PPR received!

Old Jun 30th 2005, 8:33 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
byron's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 47
byron is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up PPR received!

Hi everybody,

I got my passport request today. It was a long long wait that took me more than two years. I would like to thank Andrew Miller, PMM, Jim Humphries and all other individuals who kindly helped me with the issues I have had specially during past few months.

BTW, I am not sure whether I can send my passport to Buffalo via FedEx or not. They recommend Xpresspost but I do not wanna try it again because last time that I used this service it took 11 days for my letter to be delivered to Canada. If you have any idea I would appreciate your feedback.


- byron
byron is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2005, 10:08 pm
  #2  
Lotus-eater
 
Rich_007's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Cascadian Autonomous Elysian Region
Posts: 5,069
Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PPR received!

Yay, congrats, happy Canada Day.

Go do the PR happy dance

Good luck - Rich
Rich_007 is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2005, 11:45 pm
  #3  
BE Enthusiast
 
cryout's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 332
cryout is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PPR received!

Originally Posted by byron
Hi everybody,

I got my passport request today. It was a long long wait that took me more than two years. I would like to thank Andrew Miller, PMM, Jim Humphries and all other individuals who kindly helped me with the issues I have had specially during past few months.

BTW, I am not sure whether I can send my passport to Buffalo via FedEx or not. They recommend Xpresspost but I do not wanna try it again because last time that I used this service it took 11 days for my letter to be delivered to Canada. If you have any idea I would appreciate your feedback.


- byron

Great news Byron!!! You had a longer timeline (from IA) than me, so you deserved this achievement!! Any idea about the causes of such delay?
Congrats again buddy!

Cry
cryout is offline  
Old Jul 1st 2005, 4:43 am
  #4  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
byron's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 47
byron is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PPR received!

Originally Posted by cryout
Great news Byron!!! You had a longer timeline (from IA) than me, so you deserved this achievement!! Any idea about the causes of such delay?
Congrats again buddy!

Cry
Thank you guys very much. I really did not do that much after IA. The only thing that I did was ordering CAIPS to find if anything is missing. As per my experience this process does very much depend on the officer and if (s)he is not well-experienced the process can take several months longer than similar cases.

- Byron
byron is offline  
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:10 am
  #5  
BE Enthusiast
 
cryout's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 332
cryout is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PPR received!

Originally Posted by byron
Thank you guys very much. I really did not do that much after IA. The only thing that I did was ordering CAIPS to find if anything is missing. As per my experience this process does very much depend on the officer and if (s)he is not well-experienced the process can take several months longer than similar cases.

- Byron


when did you ordered CAIPS? Did you find out if anything was missing? I'm considering to do the same...
cryout is offline  
Old Jul 1st 2005, 7:37 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
byron's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 47
byron is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PPR received!

Originally Posted by cryout
when did you ordered CAIPS? Did you find out if anything was missing? I'm considering to do the same...
I ordered CAIPS twice. First time was about 6 months after medicals and the second time it was a couple of months ago. In the written notes, one of the officers had asked their team to send me a request for medical, updated reference letter from my current employer, updated bank statement and also background information form. However, I never received the latter with other documents. Indeed, I received it a couple of months later. Moreover, I had to do RCMP PCC (fingerprint-based) which in turn took 4.5 months to conclude. I heard that recently they are not asking some people to submit fingerprint-based PCC from RCMP which means shorter processing times.

Anyway, let's be positive. Yours is around the corner. I bet. Just be patient and keep your fingers crossed.
byron is offline  
Old Jul 1st 2005, 7:22 pm
  #7  
BE Enthusiast
 
cryout's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 332
cryout is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PPR received!

Originally Posted by byron
I ordered CAIPS twice. First time was about 6 months after medicals and the second time it was a couple of months ago. In the written notes, one of the officers had asked their team to send me a request for medical, updated reference letter from my current employer, updated bank statement and also background information form. However, I never received the latter with other documents. Indeed, I received it a couple of months later. Moreover, I had to do RCMP PCC (fingerprint-based) which in turn took 4.5 months to conclude. I heard that recently they are not asking some people to submit fingerprint-based PCC from RCMP which means shorter processing times.

Anyway, let's be positive. Yours is around the corner. I bet. Just be patient and keep your fingers crossed.

thanks for sharing mate!

around the corner? I hope so, but I don't know if I will survive to this time...
cryout is offline  
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 6:52 pm
  #8  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
byron's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 47
byron is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PPR received!

Originally Posted by cryout
thanks for sharing mate!

around the corner? I hope so, but I don't know if I will survive to this time...
My friend,

I can understand your situation as I have been in the same boat until a couple of days ago. The problem is that the processing of our applications is completely out of our hands and, unfortunately, because of the huge number of applications and few number of staff, mistakes always exist.

It's totally understandable that "each case is different" but I, personally, do not believe that all delays are due to this fact. I have 2 clear examples in my own case that show my application could have been finalized several months ago...

BTW, the system is not perfect but it seems to me that there are some efforts to reduce the shortcomings and improve the system efficiency. I wish these efforts will work for the people who apply in future and they do not have to wait as long as we did.

- byron
byron is offline  
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 7:35 pm
  #9  
BE Enthusiast
 
cryout's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 332
cryout is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PPR received!

Originally Posted by byron
My friend,

I can understand your situation as I have been in the same boat until a couple of days ago. The problem is that the processing of our applications is completely out of our hands and, unfortunately, because of the huge number of applications and few number of staff, mistakes always exist.

It's totally understandable that "each case is different" but I, personally, do not believe that all delays are due to this fact. I have 2 clear examples in my own case that show my application could have been finalized several months ago...

BTW, the system is not perfect but it seems to me that there are some efforts to reduce the shortcomings and improve the system efficiency. I wish these efforts will work for the people who apply in future and they do not have to wait as long as we did.

- byron


thanks Byron,

you're certainly right when you say that in some case the application can be finalized sooner than it is actually completed...this is a shame because they are playing with our lifes and hearts...
what I can do? Just hope these unjustified delays and mistake will be reduced in the future and won't affect many people...
cryout is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.