Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PPR and processing time over Christmas

PPR and processing time over Christmas

Old Nov 17th 2007, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

soconnell74 is on a distinguished road
Default PPR and processing time over Christmas

Hi All,

I received my PPR this week which is great news but I'd like to get the whole thing sorted when I return to the UK over Christmas... anybody have any previous experience doing this? The letter mentions 10 working days and that you pick it up on the second Thursday after you submit... what happens if there are national holidays in between? Do I have to wait for the 3rd Thursday or can I go on another day? Did anybody ever find a way to get it done faster than 10 days?
Old Nov 17th 2007, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

dreamon will become famous soon enoughdreamon will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: PPR and processing time over Christmas

Hi there

I have just emailed the CHC regarding the PR two week drop off & pick up service over Christmas. They have advised me that I can drop off on Thursday 20th Dec and collect Jan 3rd. So although they are closed Xmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day, they are still offering the two week turnaround. Your PPR letter should have all the instructions, that it can only be done on a Thurs pm between 2-3pm.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.
Sue
Old Nov 17th 2007, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

soconnell74 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PPR and processing time over Christmas

Originally Posted by dreamon
Hi there

I have just emailed the CHC regarding the PR two week drop off & pick up service over Christmas. They have advised me that I can drop off on Thursday 20th Dec and collect Jan 3rd. So although they are closed Xmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day, they are still offering the two week turnaround. Your PPR letter should have all the instructions, that it can only be done on a Thurs pm between 2-3pm.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.
Sue
Thanks Sue,

Great, hopefully that holds true for the 13th to the 27th too ! :-)

Steve