Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PPR not received until very close to meds expiring

PPR not received until very close to meds expiring

Old Feb 2nd 2013, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default PPR not received until very close to meds expiring

What's the closest to medical expiry date anyone has heard of someone getting their PPR?

We're still awaiting PPR. Meds expire 9 July 2013. We want to book flights for June for 21 days before COPR would run out.

Is it possible that 3 weeks before we might still be waiting for COPR?
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 4:05 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PPR not received until very close to meds expiring

That is a rare occurrence indeed. If the applicant is unable to travel in time the only solution is to repeat the medical. One could just fly over, land and return to clear up things prior to actually settling in Canada though.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 5:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I can think of a few times on the forum when people have only had a couple of weeks to land. Here's one I remember from last year - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=757165

HTH
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

we received our COPRA 3 weeks ago and medicals expired on the 23 Feb and we officially landed in Canada on the 31st Jan. When we phoned for appointment the operator was great and actually put urgent on the request due to medicals expiring so soon
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

We received our COPR on the end September and the meds were due to expire early November. I think we had just under 5 weeks in between receiving COPR and meds expiring.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I've clearly set this thread up to scare the life out of me (like I'm not paranoid enough already).

The flights we can afford to go on mid to late June are:

18th, 19th, 27th June. 3 July also, but that scares me a bit as it is very close to meds expiring. Cost - £1600 - £2000 for the family. Other flights will be around £5,000.

I can just about handle receiving COPR 4 weeks before expiry as even if we go 18 June, that's still enough time, as we will have already booked flights.

The thread that Christmasoompa posted is the one that really worries me. Getting PPR 4 weeks before meds expire (around 10 June), means there won't be enough time to pick up COPR before a flight on 18 June. That family must have literally ended up with days to book flights and land. I wonder what they did.

Our police certs were issued Jan last year so we will no doubt be asked to get new ones. Should we get these now to avoid a further delay months down the line?

Silverdragon/Nina - how many weeks before med expiry did you get PPR? Was anything else asked for (like new police certs)?

Thanks everyone for your help.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it was Nov we had to send new photos, new bio forms for both of us and police cert. Police cert was sent direct to Canadian embassy rest I sent via registered post and then got caught up in holidays and confirmation of PR and make appointment was delivered 11th Jan and medicals expired on the 23rd Feb
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 9:12 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus Kaye!.. They are running you through the wringer!! I really hope that you get what you need soon

Last edited by james.mc; Feb 2nd 2013 at 9:27 pm.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
I think it was Nov we had to send new photos, new bio forms for both of us and police cert. Police cert was sent direct to Canadian embassy rest I sent via registered post and then got caught up in holidays and confirmation of PR and make appointment was delivered 11th Jan and medicals expired on the 23rd Feb
Thanks SD. So that's about 3 months before meds expired. So might be an idea to get forms and photos prepared and maybe police certs if we don't hear during February, just so we can be ready to send everything off. Might be safe to book an 18th June flight.

Originally Posted by james.mc
Jesus Kaye!.. They are running you through the ringer!! I really hope that you get what you need soon
Hey, James! Just my paranoid nature planning for the worst. Hope we hear next week or so and then will all be ok.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

I would get the new photos and police certs just for peace of mind,belt and braces and all that.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaye5

Silverdragon/Nina - how many weeks before med expiry did you get PPR? Was anything else asked for (like new police certs)?

Thanks everyone for your help.
PPR 12th September. Nothing else required apart from copies from every page of the passports and new pics. COPR 25th September. Landed 26th September. Medicals valid until 7th November.

Start sending emails to CIC (is it London?) Telling them URGENT- meds about to expire. It might speed it up a bit.

Good luck!
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 2:51 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by ninaDGBCA
PPR 12th September. Nothing else required apart from copies from every page of the passports and new pics. COPR 25th September. Landed 26th September. Medicals valid until 7th November.

Start sending emails to CIC (is it London?) Telling them URGENT- meds about to expire. It might speed it up a bit.

Good luck!

You know that if only the medical is outstanding or expiring shortly, the VO can ask Regional Immigration Services to have it extended?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2012/ob423.asp
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 12:20 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaye5
What's the closest to medical expiry date anyone has heard of someone getting their PPR?

We're still awaiting PPR. Meds expire 9 July 2013. We want to book flights for June for 21 days before COPR would run out.

Is it possible that 3 weeks before we might still be waiting for COPR?
Everything is possible with CIC, fingers x you get copr soon, however if you are looking to book flights before you get copr I would try and ensure you have the option to amend dates etc
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by graham and george
I would get the new photos and police certs just for peace of mind,belt and braces and all that.
Sounds like they always want photos. Will probably give it till mid Feb and see if we hear something before ordering police certs; we might have a bit of leeway for a few weeks.

Originally Posted by ninaDGBCA

Good luck!
So that's about 8 weeks. That timescale wouldn't be impossible but would be stressful and cutting it fine.

We've sent 3 emails to London but no reply to any of them. Can't really say it is urgent at the moment as we are 5 months away from expiry. I'm just pre-empting it being so!!

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

You know that if only the medical is outstanding or expiring shortly, the VO can ask Regional Immigration Services to have it extended?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2012/ob423.asp
I'm not sure I understand when med validity can be extended. We are presuming our meds are ok as we were only asked for TB tests and nothing else, and they were clear.

So must be background checks holding it up.

The way I read that bulletin is that they we be extended only if the officer is still thinking about the med report? So if it is background checks holding it up and not meds, then they wouldn't be extended?
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Everything is possible with CIC, fingers x you get copr soon, however if you are looking to book flights before you get copr I would try and ensure you have the option to amend dates etc
That is my fear....

We're looking at booking inconvenient flights with Icelandair, but which can be changed for a large fee. The best flights are non-changeable, so that's certainly a no-go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.