Wikiposts

PPR / Lmo decisions decisions ???

Old May 7th 2007, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

wizaird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PPR / Lmo decisions decisions ???

hi folks I am wondering if anyone can offer some advice.We are Aor April 2005 and our PPR application has started being processed April 2007 .Now we wait for med requests.

We are putting our house up for sale end of this month to beat the HIPS nightmare.We then want to travel to Canada in October to check out area .schools .attend job interviews etc.My query is this.

Should I get the job offers and I have not had med requests would I be as well to go for the Lmo Work permit route while letting my PPR application run its course or should I submit my job offers to accompany my PPR application and hope it speeds things up.

If Lmo work permit is viable option what is the time scale for New Brunswick and how long can you get WP for ?

any info advice would be much appreciated.

thanks Dave
Old May 7th 2007, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

MiddleOfNowhere is a jewel in the roughMiddleOfNowhere is a jewel in the roughMiddleOfNowhere is a jewel in the roughMiddleOfNowhere is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: PPR / Lmo decisions decisions ???

Hi Dave

I don't know much regarding how long it will take to finalise your PR but on average it is taking 2 months for the LMO and about 2 months for the LMO (without medical). If you are in a hurry then you can apply for concurrent processing of LMO and WP. There is an inherent risk of if you do not get the LMO you will lose money on the WP fees.

Therefore I would say that it will take you a minimum of 4 months to get your WP. This also includes time for your employer to adveretise the job nationally and for you to put your application together.

Cheers Steve