Wikiposts

PPR At last.....

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

achak is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking PPR At last.....

Hello, Finally our PPR has arrived

I think I am still in shock

I'm after practical advice now: Can anyone tell me the nearest tube station to CHC? I think it is Bond street but not sure. Also what is the queue like? I'm hoping we don't have to camp out from 6am!!!
We are looking to leave this wonderful country at the end of November. Did any of you take any details from your doctors/dentists/schools etc? I have got the children's basic school reports and sats but I don't know if there is anything else you can take that will help at the other end...

I think I am off for an early drink now...

Angela

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

cynthia2373 will become famous soon enoughcynthia2373 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: PPR At last.....

Congratulations!! Great feeling isn't it?

Yep, I got off at Bond Street and walked to CHC, not too far.
When I went (a few months back now) I arrived about 12 and I was second or third in line. At about 1pm the queue was halfway down the street!

Good luck.
C

Originally Posted by achak
Hello, Finally our PPR has arrived

I'm after practical advice now: Can anyone tell me the nearest tube station to CHC? I think it is Bond street but not sure. Also what is the queue like? I'm hoping we don't have to camp out from 6am!!!
We are looking to leave this wonderful country at the end of November. Did any of you take any details from your doctors/dentists/schools etc? I have got the children's basic school reports and sats but I don't know if there is anything else you can take that will help at the other end...

I think I am off for an early drink now...

Angela

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cynthia2373
Congratulations!! Great feeling isn't it?

Yep, I got off at Bond Street and walked to CHC, not too far.
When I went (a few months back now) I arrived about 12 and I was second or third in line. At about 1pm the queue was halfway down the street!

Good luck.
C
Thanks for that, we will plan to arrive about 12..
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute

The day we went, they stopped the queue at 11am and turned everyone else away. Those of us already outside MacDonald House before 11am were assured we'd get in and be seen and we were... several hours later.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by newshoney
The day we went, they stopped the queue at 11am and turned everyone else away. Those of us already outside MacDonald House before 11am were assured we'd get in and be seen and we were... several hours later.
Whats Macdonald house? Is that the one in Grosvenor Street? OMG now I'm worried, don't want to trek all the way there to be turned away
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

dreamon will become famous soon enoughdreamon will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: PPR At last.....

Congratulations, good luck with the visit to the CHC

It was my understanding from our immigration consultant that you could only take your passports for the two week drop off, pick up service for PRV on a Thurs pm to the CHC in London. Is this correct or have I got my wires crossed somewhere only the way!!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

oxon5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dreamon
Congratulations, good luck with the visit to the CHC

It was my understanding from our immigration consultant that you could only take your passports for the two week drop off, pick up service for PRV on a Thurs pm to the CHC in London. Is this correct or have I got my wires crossed somewhere only the way!!
That's exactly right I'll be picking up our passports (hopefully with visas inside) this Thursday. Two weeks ago I arrived 30 minutes before the doors opened and there were about 25 people ahead of me. However 30 minutes before they shut the doors there was no queue at all.

Good luck

Kevin
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

oxon5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Whats Macdonald house? Is that the one in Grosvenor Street? OMG now I'm worried, don't want to trek all the way there to be turned away
MacDonald House is the High Commission building on the corner of Grosvenor Street and Grosvenor Square. The entrance you want is in Grosvenor Street and has a large red maple leaf flag above the door.

Kevin
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 2:13 am
BE Enthusiast

mandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to behold

Congrats and lots of luck,

Mandi x
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by oxon5
That's exactly right I'll be picking up our passports (hopefully with visas inside) this Thursday. Two weeks ago I arrived 30 minutes before the doors opened and there were about 25 people ahead of me. However 30 minutes before they shut the doors there was no queue at all.

Good luck

Kevin
I knew there would be a queue but I didn't expect to hear of people being turned away. I think I should probably plan to be there for 11....
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

dreamon will become famous soon enoughdreamon will become famous soon enough
Cool Re: PPR At last.....

Thanks for that information. As I will travelling from Preston (whenever that is we get to that stage!!) so would hate to think I'd travel all that way to get turned away.

Good Luck all in your future ventures to Canada
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=achak;5457085]Hello, Finally our PPR has arrived:

I'm after practical advice now:

Congratulations.
We are going at the end of Nov to.
I have the same questions as you re; doctors/dentist/schools etc.
Tried unsuccessfully to get credit references from utility companies! :curse:
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 6:47 am
Just Joined

jandl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Angela,

Congratulations for your PPR , at last u have got it after a long frustrating wait. We r still in the waiting list nothing heard after medicals on 21st August, can u please tell me how much time limit is mentioned in your PPR letter for submission of your passport, and have u checked your E status online, if it has changed by any chance, so that I can also try to check mine.

Wishing u a successful and enjoyable life in Canada.

Take care

JandL
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jandl
Hi Angela,

Congratulations for your PPR , at last u have got it after a long frustrating wait. We r still in the waiting list nothing heard after medicals on 21st August, can u please tell me how much time limit is mentioned in your PPR letter for submission of your passport, and have u checked your E status online, if it has changed by any chance, so that I can also try to check mine.

Wishing u a successful and enjoyable life in Canada.

Take care

JandL
Hi Jandl,

We have 60 days to submit our passports. I have just checked our status online and it still says in process but I have heard from a lot of prople that that doesn't change until you actually land. You are not quite 3 weeks behind us so I hope you hear about your PPR soon.

Angela
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=manghams;5458586]
Hello, Finally our PPR has arrived:

I'm after practical advice now:

Congratulations.
We are going at the end of Nov to.
I have the same questions as you re; doctors/dentist/schools etc.
Tried unsuccessfully to get credit references from utility companies! :curse:

Thanks for the congratulations. I am suprised nobody has answered re the doctor/dentist/schools. I am not sure what to do. What did you ask from the utility co's? Where are you off to?

Angela

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.