Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PPR I think???? Help. Confused. Is it?

Wikiposts

PPR I think???? Help. Confused. Is it?

Old Dec 23rd 2009, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

Nibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to all
Arrow PPR I think???? Help. Confused. Is it?

I have received an email in response to me chasing for an answer via the CIC email address. The response says:

"ATTACHED ARE YOUR FINAL INSTRUCTIONS"

and a standard attachment. Which starts "Dear Applicant, you have now reached the final stage of processing. So that your final permanent residency visas can be issued you must now submit the documents detailed below."

I am confused. Is this the PPR I have been waiting for or is it just them telling me what the next stage will look like?

Does this mean everything on medicals and additional information is now clear?

Is there anything else that can go wrong now?

Can't believe this five word email and standard set of instructions is what I have been waiting to get for so long.

Help.... do I really have PPR and is this it???

Thanks

Last edited by Nibbles2005; Dec 23rd 2009 at 7:04 am. Reason: removing accidental personal info
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 6:48 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PPR I think???? Help. Confused. Is it?

What does the attachment actually say, any chance of a scan (obviously remove and personal information) of it so we can see what it says.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 6:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nibbles2005
This is it. Is this PPR?
Send passports, photos and documents as requested and you will receive them back with shiny visas and COPR form to be completed at port of entry.

It is what you have been waiting for

What more were you expecting?
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 6:59 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Something at least personalised on the letter or the email to say congratulations you have PR please send your passports. It seems such a damp squib of a five word email and a stock form with dear applicant on it!
LOL, you do realise how many of these they send out? And you want it personalised???
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Nibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to all

I suppose I expected a life changing email to be at least clear that we had made it and possibly with name inserted. So long as this is it though I am happy it is just weird thinking is it or isn't it
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:02 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose I expected a life changing email to be at least clear that we had made it and possibly with name inserted. So long as this is it though I am happy it is just weird thinking is it or isn't it
True, I do see your point. I guess having been through a similar thing (four times) I wasnt expecting much more than we got.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Is this what you got as well then?

Does anything else come in the post?
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:08 am
Banned

Is this what you got as well then?

Does anything else come in the post?
Just the passports with the visas in (assuming you send them off ).

Give it a couple of days to sink in, then elation/panic/elation/panic/panic/panic/elation/second thoughts.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Nibbles, congratulations!
Just noticed you're in West Sussex too...
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

This is the biggest thing in the world to us and something we have been working on for over twelve years to achieve. We are going out January on a TWP and on the basis of getting PPR we have sold, house, cars and burned UK bridges on the basis that worst that could happen is have to rebuild in three years if didn't and TWP expired. However, to get this means absolutely everything to us I can not tell you how much.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

This is the biggest thing in the world to us and something we have been working on for over twelve years to achieve. We are going out January on a TWP and on the basis of getting PPR we have sold, house, cars and burned UK bridges on the basis that worst that could happen is have to rebuild in three years if didn't and TWP expired. However, to get this means absolutely everything to us I can not tell you how much.

If you get the required documents to CHC asap, there will be no need for you to go on a TWP (although, if the job is what you want, you can still work for that employer) which, I would imagine, will give you peace of mind.

We didn't get an email, just a similar communication through the post.

Congrats
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! It sounds to me as if Major congratulations are in order nibbles 2005. Please sound ecstatic anytime when you're ready!
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

WHOOPEY YAY FABULOUS HURRAY

I am doing mental back flips but just been such an uphill long struggle would be devastated if if I got it wrong and there was then a problem but YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

That's exactly how I would like to feel one day! Constant butterflies!
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

I don't think it will sink in until the visas are in the passports and we have properly landed but it feels brilliant. This is the life we have been waiting to start for so long.

Still have the goodbyes over Christmas to get through which will be tough but 2010 is looking pretty exciting!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.