PPR is here

Old Oct 17th 2007, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

marhaba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PPR is here

Hi friends

Have received the PPR at long last. Dated 27 Sep though made way to me only on 17 Oct, after being routed through by the immigration consultants.

As it happens, I am working in London at the moment so have the luxury to hand deliver. Hope to scoot over to the CHC and do that tomorrow.

The PPR letters recommends not to take any 'irrevocable action' until the passports with visas are in hand. However, I am tempted to put in the notice today!

Could anyone please advise if there is potential for any thing to go 'wrong' at this stage? Does PPR pretty much not guarantee stamping (as much as anything can be guaranteed)?

Timeline:

Aor: 4 Oct, 04
Medicals requsted: July, 07
Medicals done: 5 Aug, 07
PPR issued: 27 Sep, 07

BTW, I am one of the 'Gulf States' applicants, so above timelines probably not reflective of those having lived primarily in the UK.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

achak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PPR is here

Originally Posted by marhaba
Hi friends

Have received the PPR at long last. Dated 27 Sep though made way to me only on 17 Oct, after being routed through by the immigration consultants.

As it happens, I am working in London at the moment so have the luxury to hand deliver. Hope to scoot over to the CHC and do that tomorrow.

The PPR letters recommends not to take any 'irrevocable action' until the passports with visas are in hand. However, I am tempted to put in the notice today!

Could anyone please advise if there is potential for any thing to go 'wrong' at this stage? Does PPR pretty much not guarantee stamping (as much as anything can be guaranteed)?

Timeline:

BTW, I am one of the 'Gulf States' applicants, so above timelines probably not reflective of those having lived primarily in the UK.
Sorry, I can't answer your question. I wouldn't imagine anything can go wrong at this stage. Just wanted to say
CONGRATULATIONS
Old Oct 17th 2007, 2:31 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marhaba
Hi friends

Timeline:

Congratulations
Old Oct 17th 2007, 2:52 am
Sutton On

QPRanger is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done we are picking our visas up tomorrow having handed them in two weeks ago.
I dont know what could affect your application at this stage but we have taken their advise & held off from handing notice in or booking flights will do it friday though.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Beastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there,

Congratulations

Have you checked with your immigration consultant about handing the passports into CHC yourself? If you have an agreement with them that the balance of their fees are payable on issue of visa (as is the case for us), they may insist on your passports being sent back to them so that they can forward to CHC themselves. Otherwise could you not simply take the passports yourself, obtain the visas and then not pay the ballance of fees to the consultant?

This might not be the case but it could be worth checking. We have sent our passports to our consultants and they will return them to us once the visas are inserted.

Other than that its just a matter of waiting for the nice shiny visa to be inserted. No other hoops to jump through.

John
Old Oct 17th 2007, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

marhaba is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beastie
Hi there,

Congratulations

Have you checked with your immigration consultant about handing the passports into CHC yourself? If you have an agreement with them that the balance of their fees are payable on issue of visa (as is the case for us), they may insist on your passports being sent back to them so that they can forward to CHC themselves. Otherwise could you not simply take the passports yourself, obtain the visas and then not pay the ballance of fees to the consultant?

This might not be the case but it could be worth checking. We have sent our passports to our consultants and they will return them to us once the visas are inserted.

Other than that its just a matter of waiting for the nice shiny visa to be inserted. No other hoops to jump through.

John
Hi John

It's all settled with the consultants - fee was paid off at time of collecting medical request forms.

Once visa stamping document (or ppr if you will) was received, the consultants couriered it over to me asking me to proceed with sumbitting passports to chc.

So I have pretty much got the trip down to chc lined up for tomorrow. Hope Murphy stays away for the next couple of weeks!