Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PPR envelope in Canada - what's the method of delivery?

PPR envelope in Canada - what's the method of delivery?

Old Sep 4th 2008, 11:24 pm

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PPR envelope in Canada - what's the method of delivery?

Hi all,

can you help me here? I am waiting for our PPR - our postman is a moron and would appear to have left a slip that we have something to collect that is registered, but being a moron, he's left the sticky thing with the barcode on the bottom of the letter rather than sticking it to the envelope/ package or whatever, so I now have a package somewhere in Lethbridge, but none of the offices know where at the moment. So did the PPR come for you guys via registered thingy, or was it just a normal piece of post?

Thanks in advance peeps!

Mrs M x
Old Sep 4th 2008, 11:31 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PPR envelope in Canada - what's the method of delivery?

For us it was just a normal everyday piece of post.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 11:34 pm

Good to hear that! And that was through the London embassy right?

Thanks Ben!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Little D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud of

Just normal post from London for us too. Didn't even have a maple leaf on the envelope!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

ojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really nice

Hmm, hate to burst this bubble - but mine came as registered back in July. I had to go to the convenience store to pick it up and sign for it.

I just thought I should comment - even though it's probably not what you wanted to hear.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 12:30 am

Bollox

But on the other hand if I can track the bugger then

Thanks for letting me know!

Mrs M x
Old Sep 5th 2008, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, ours was registered delivery too.

We live in a relatively small town so different areas have specific post offices for each area. I knew where ours was as I'd picked something up there previously.
Maybe if you contacted the main post office in Lethbridge they could tell you where your parcel is waiting for you.

Fingers crossed it's your PR's waiting for you!

HTH

PS. Can't wait to see where you end up moving to!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Little D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud of

I hope you find out what your registered mail was!

Our PPRs arrived last Friday, normal mail. I wonder why they send some normal mail and some registered

I am just hoping the passports are returned registered!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 2:46 am

I will be hunting down the postman personally tomorrow at this rate - the git!

We are seriously considering London Ontario, I have an appointment with my college dpt head, whos been fabulous this last 18 months, we will discuss how I can graduate through the college via distance in Ontrio. If there is a way to do that I'm pretty sure we will be gone this coming summer. We can afford to make the house cheap enough to be attractive and then get the heck out and move on......Feeling quite excited really!

Mrs M x
Old Sep 12th 2008, 1:54 am

IT WAS A FALSE ALARM! Has anybody else with their meds done in June heard back yet??????????/

Mrs M x
Old Sep 12th 2008, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

SarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: PPR envelope in Canada - what's the method of delivery?

Originally Posted by Mrs Miggins
IT WAS A FALSE ALARM! Has anybody else with their meds done in June heard back yet??????????/

Mrs M x
Hi,

We had our medicals done on 3 June 2008, and our passport request was received 29 August.

We sent passports straight to London, so now it's more ........... waiting

Sarah
Old Sep 13th 2008, 7:24 pm

okies, I am on the edge of my cyber seat here waiting!

Mrs M x