PP Request when?

Old May 26th 2004, 2:20 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 15
Macho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PP Request when?

Hi everyone,

would really appreciate if someone with similar timelines/ experts can tell me, "approximately" when i may be receiving my pp request.

nationality : Indian
Stayed in : USA and India

Applied : June 2002
AOR : Nov 2002
Additional documents requested : Dec 2003
Interview Waiver: Jan 2004
Medicals Done : Feb 2004
FBI clearance and ROLF sent : April 1 2004
E client status changed on May 8 2004 to
"a decision has been made on your case.
Medical results have been received"

From lot of other threads i came to know that
1) Each case is different cannt compare the timeline
2) after medicals it is most probably the medical decision
3) Background check will most probably be in progress

But i would be really glad if someone can can tell me how long(approximate) does the background check take for a Indian national who has not stayed anywhere besides US and India.

Anybody with similar timelines?

Regards
MK
Macho is offline  
Old May 26th 2004, 3:50 pm
  #2  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PP Request when?

For most Indian nationals with similar residential history to yours security check takes about 3 to 6 months, but there are also many who wait more than a year for conclusion of background/security check.



Originally posted by Macho
Hi everyone,

would really appreciate if someone with similar timelines/ experts can tell me, "approximately" when i may be receiving my pp request.

nationality : Indian
Stayed in : USA and India

Applied : June 2002
AOR : Nov 2002
Additional documents requested : Dec 2003
Interview Waiver: Jan 2004
Medicals Done : Feb 2004
FBI clearance and ROLF sent : April 1 2004
E client status changed on May 8 2004 to
"a decision has been made on your case.
Medical results have been received"

From lot of other threads i came to know that
1) Each case is different cannt compare the timeline
2) after medicals it is most probably the medical decision
3) Background check will most probably be in progress

But i would be really glad if someone can can tell me how long(approximate) does the background check take for a Indian national who has not stayed anywhere besides US and India.

Anybody with similar timelines?

Regards
MK
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old May 27th 2004, 1:01 am
  #3  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 364
Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PP Request when?

Hello Guys,

I would like to share you my experience too.

I came in Canada in Jan 2001 as working status.
Applied for PR on Mar 2002. Got my AOR Aug 2002.
Received the list of Documents Aug 2003. Medical, Police certificates, Emp Certificates and copies of income tax returns.

I sent all the above documents except for our Medical exams valid for another 8 months instead, I wrote them that I have already taken it and gave them a copy of the receipts of the medical exams. Those were sent on Nov 2003.

On Feb 2004, I got another letter asking me to submit the med exams just for my kids and the police certificate from RCMP and the ROLF. I sent an email to RCMP inquiring about clearance and they said they have just sent it the previous week. I printed the emal from RCMP, did the medical exams for my kids and paid the ROLF and sent them all together on Mar 2004.

Now, comparing to your case, why would the CIC ask for the payment fee (ROLF) if background checks is on progress? Isn`t it that they have to inform you that they are doing background checks?

Anyway, I got a Decision Made from E client this week. Do you have any idea when I could get my PR??

Thanks,

Redwings



Originally posted by Andrew Miller
For most Indian nationals with similar residential history to yours security check takes about 3 to 6 months, but there are also many who wait more than a year for conclusion of background/security check.
Redwings is offline  
Old May 27th 2004, 2:34 am
  #4  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PP Request when?

Looks like you are getting close to the final stage.


Originally posted by Redwings
Hello Guys,

I would like to share you my experience too.

I came in Canada in Jan 2001 as working status.
Applied for PR on Mar 2002. Got my AOR Aug 2002.
Received the list of Documents Aug 2003. Medical, Police certificates, Emp Certificates and copies of income tax returns.

I sent all the above documents except for our Medical exams valid for another 8 months instead, I wrote them that I have already taken it and gave them a copy of the receipts of the medical exams. Those were sent on Nov 2003.

On Feb 2004, I got another letter asking me to submit the med exams just for my kids and the police certificate from RCMP and the ROLF. I sent an email to RCMP inquiring about clearance and they said they have just sent it the previous week. I printed the emal from RCMP, did the medical exams for my kids and paid the ROLF and sent them all together on Mar 2004.

Now, comparing to your case, why would the CIC ask for the payment fee (ROLF) if background checks is on progress? Isn`t it that they have to inform you that they are doing background checks?

Anyway, I got a Decision Made from E client this week. Do you have any idea when I could get my PR??

Thanks,

Redwings
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old May 27th 2004, 3:30 am
  #5  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 364
Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PP Request when?

Andrew,

Thanks for your reply.

Could I ask where is your office in Vancouver?? I would like to contact you regarding a couple of friends who wish to apply for PR in Canada. Could you give me your contact address??

I am planning to travel to the US sometime in the next 3 weeks. I don`t have anything stamped on my passport about Canadian Visa yet. Is it worth waiting for my PR papers??

Thanks,

Redwings



Originally posted by Andrew Miller
Looks like you are getting close to the final stage.
Redwings is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.