Wikiposts

PP Request expectation

Old Nov 12th 2004, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

viperrt10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PP Request expectation

Hey Gang!

First of all I want to give a shout out to Nervous, MJ23, Orazone and others who helped me out with all my questions so far....YOU GUYS ROCK!

I finally submitted all my additional docs on Monday and they were received (according to FedEx) on Tuesday.

Do I need to touch base with the Buffalo office to confirm that they have INDEED been received (seems some folks have done that in the past)? Any suggestions?

My IA was Sept 24th, 2004, medicals October 2004 and Additional docs Nov 8th 2004. Now for the BIG question.......when do you guys estimate that I should hear about my PP Request?

Based on the threads I have read I would think that for a straightforward case like mine I should hear something between December and February. Is this realistic?

Thanks!
Old Nov 12th 2004, 3:15 am
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: PP Request expectation

Originally Posted by viperrt10
Hey Gang!

First of all I want to give a shout out to Nervous, MJ23, Orazone and others who helped me out with all my questions so far....YOU GUYS ROCK!

I finally submitted all my additional docs on Monday and they were received (according to FedEx) on Tuesday.

Do I need to touch base with the Buffalo office to confirm that they have INDEED been received (seems some folks have done that in the past)? Any suggestions?

My IA was Sept 24th, 2004, medicals October 2004 and Additional docs Nov 8th 2004. Now for the BIG question.......when do you guys estimate that I should hear about my PP Request?

Based on the threads I have read I would think that for a straightforward case like mine I should hear something between December and February. Is this realistic?

Thanks!
Shout out right back at ya! I wouldn't contact them, just leave them a lone!

I think it is fair to assume that it takes 4 to 5 months after IA. My case is very straight forward (only lived, studied and worked in the US after turning 18) and I've been waiting since July. I'm expecting to hear from them again may be after thanksgiving. My IA was July 22 and I sent the FBI clearance and Medicals in August. In your case, I wouldn't expect anything until end of January and begining of Febuary. Anything before that is unrealistic dude! Specially if you factor in the Holiday season!

I recommend you do this for the next 4 months! You and the bears should be hibernating until atleast January!

I will keep you updated with my timeline if it gets updated soon!
Old Nov 12th 2004, 3:34 am
The ECA Godfather

Hey Gang!

Thanks!
By the way, this is the most difficult phase of the process. You are so close from the end, you almost can taste it and yet you know that you are not guaranteed anything until the process is complete. Join the club brother!
Old Nov 12th 2004, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

Thanks MJ! I guess I'll have to hibernate! But man, I think you're probably going to have yours before Christmas! Keep them fingers crossed!

Originally Posted by MJ23
Shout out right back at ya! I wouldn't contact them, just leave them a lone!

I think it is fair to assume that it takes 4 to 5 months after IA. My case is very straight forward (only lived, studied and worked in the US after turning 18) and I've been waiting since July. I'm expecting to hear from them again may be after thanksgiving. My IA was July 22 and I sent the FBI clearance and Medicals in August. In your case, I wouldn't expect anything until end of January and begining of Febuary. Anything before that is unrealistic dude! Specially if you factor in the Holiday season!

I recommend you do this for the next 4 months! You and the bears should be hibernating until atleast January!

I will keep you updated with my timeline if it gets updated soon!
Old Nov 12th 2004, 3:38 am
The ECA Godfather

Thanks MJ! I guess I'll have to hibernate! But man, I think you're probably going to have yours before Christmas! Keep them fingers crossed!
I should've! Not all of us are as lucky as the lucky bastard Nervous_Wreck LOL
Old Nov 12th 2004, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

cryout is on a distinguished road

Hey Viperrt!

very similar timeline to mine....a couple of questions:

1) did you send your fingerprints to RCMP in order to get the police clearance?

2) I have paid RPRF. How do you track the payment?

please, keep in touch during this horrid waiting period...I feel alone...

Cry

Hey Gang!

Thanks!
Old Nov 12th 2004, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Hey CryOut!

Don't feel alone! I got your back

- I sent my fingerprints to the FBI and got them back with a stamp on the back that I had no Police Record....that's what I sent them.

- The trouble with payment is that you can't track the damn thing since you incur the expense when you make a cashier's check. But I doubt if that matters cause based on what Andrew Miller posted on a different thread, the first thing they do is cash the payment

What is your timeline? You applying from Buffalo?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by cryout
Hey Viperrt!

very similar timeline to mine....a couple of questions:

1) did you send your fingerprints to RCMP in order to get the police clearance?

2) I have paid RPRF. How do you track the payment?

please, keep in touch during this horrid waiting period...I feel alone...

Cry
Old Nov 12th 2004, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

NathanS is an unknown quantity at this point

I am with you guys!!! The wait is frustrating. My IA was done in the third week of June. Last week I saw my status updated with "Medicals Received". I had lived in two other countries other than US. They are low risk countries. I am not sure which is holding up my PP request.
Old Nov 12th 2004, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

nwebie is an unknown quantity at this point

I was a bit lucky I guess. I got my IA in May 2004.. But FBI clearance took me 4 months(had to send the fingerprints twice my local police did not get them right first time) . I snet some documents in first week of August and wrothe them a letter saying I will be sending other documents later. Sent rest of documents on Oct 22nd. Got my PP request Fist week of november.
Old Nov 12th 2004, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

vetal is an unknown quantity at this point

Nervoous was not lucky at all. I strongly believe CIC folks read posts on this newsgroup and finally decided to silence nervous for good . Dont ask me though how they associated his file number with his name. I have to kill you if I disclose it.

I should've! Not all of us are as lucky as the lucky bastard Nervous_Wreck LOL
Old Nov 12th 2004, 8:23 am
The ECA Godfather

Originally Posted by vetal
Nervoous was not lucky at all. I strongly believe CIC folks read posts on this newsgroup and finally decided to silence nervous for good . Dont ask me though how they associated his file number with his name. I have to kill you if I disclose it.
hahaha If Nervous reads this he will believe you :scared:
Old Nov 12th 2004, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

vetal is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont know if he will believe me or not, but I bet he will start a whole new thread regarding privacy and how CIC should not read newsgroups and process applications faster etc.

hahaha If Nervous reads this he will believe you :scared:
Old Nov 12th 2004, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

nervous_wreck is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Vippert:
good thing now that u've completed your part of the process. I agree with MJ about the timing of the pprequest sometime around January. That should work more or less.

My dear MJ, about that pp request, it said clearly on my MSN astrological prediction for October 30th: your mailbox, voice mail etc will be brimming with great news..and lo and behold, what do u know, came out true just as predicted. Even my lawyer was surprised!!

Vetal, rest assured you are now on my watchlist dude :-)

Have a good weekend guys!
Old Nov 12th 2004, 8:57 am
The ECA Godfather

Originally Posted by nervous_wreck
Hi Vippert:
good thing now that u've completed your part of the process. I agree with MJ about the timing of the pprequest sometime around January. That should work more or less.

My dear MJ, about that pp request, it said clearly on my MSN astrological prediction for October 30th: your mailbox, voice mail etc will be brimming with great news..and lo and behold, what do u know, came out true just as predicted. Even my lawyer was surprised!!

Vetal, rest assured you are now on my watchlist dude :-)

Have a good weekend guys!
We know you are having a good weekend Mr. Lucky! Take care man!
Old Nov 12th 2004, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

NathanS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NathanS
I am with you guys!!! The wait is frustrating. My IA was done in the third week of June. Last week I saw my status updated with "Medicals Received". I had lived in two other countries other than US. They are low risk countries. I am not sure which is holding up my PP request.
Today was the day I least expected it. And it's my turn to say "I got it".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.